Need an easy, satisfying and tasty lunch or dinner? Combine my Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes with my Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken for an easy, healthy and tasty meal of stuffed sweet potatoes to get you through those winter blues!
Even when we don’t set specific goals or resolutions, the New Year can still be a great time to refresh your life and cook more meals at home after the busy holiday season has come to an end. But even with the best of intentions, cooking a meal and meeting the obligations of today’s busy schedules can be a huge challenge, even for the most organized of us. That’s why my goal is to create wholesome, real food recipes that are delicious, nutritious AND easy to make.
This Stuffed Sweet Potato uses two of my easy slow cooker recipes that you can can make ahead of time (perfect for meal prep Sunday) and it will yield several delicious lunches or dinner through the week and can be made in just minutes.
For this recipe you will need to make:
How to Make Buffalo Chicken:
With just four ingredients and 5 minutes of prep time, you can make a big batch of buffalo chicken that’s perfect for everything from these stuffed potatoes to pizza and salad as well!
Make a double or triple batch and store in 1/2 pound portions in the freezer for quick meals when you run out of time.
How to Make Sweet Potatoes:
- pierce sweet potatoes as you would for baking and then add some oil to help them cook in the slow cooker
- add seasoning if desired and let cook all day until tender
- these sweet potatoes are my favorite as you don’t have to watch the oven and they can cook all day while you are gone!
Stuffed Sweet Potato Toppings:
To make these stuffed potatoes, we cut open the cooked sweet potatoes (careful, they are hot!). Then top with:
- shredded buffalo chicken
- a drizzle of blue cheese dressing (or ranch if you prefer)
- fresh chopped green onions
That’s all you need for a simple and satisfying meal. Serve with a simple side salad if desired.
And if you can’t get enough sweet potatoes, be sure to try my Sweet Potato Enchiladas.
For variety, try any type of sweet potatoes or yams and let me know which ones you like best!
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Cut open sweet potatoes lengthwise and carefully break apart some of the flesh
- Top with shredded buffalo chicken, 2 tablespoons of dressing and a sprinkle of green onions
- Potatoes and chicken can be made ahead and stored separately in fridge for up to 3 days
- Reheat separately then assemble and top with dressing and onions
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!