Just 4 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep and you'll have plenty of spicy and delicious buffalo chicken ready to use on any of your favorite dishes! Perfect for meal prep or for simple family dinners!
While plain shredded chicken is great, sometimes you need to take it up a notch and have a spicy flavorful buffalo chicken instead!
This buffalo chicken is perfect for using in wraps, on pizza or in stuffed potatoes! The uses are only limited by your imagination.
The best part? Only 4 ingredients required!
How to Make Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
Add the following ingredients to the slow cooker:
- chicken breasts
- chicken broth
- buffalo sauce
- cornstarch slurry (an equal mix of cornstarch + water)
Then stir, cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8.
Benefit of Making Chicken in the Slow Cooker:
- Can cook all day and will be ready when you get home
- Long and slow cooking creates tender chicken
- It's easy and quick for anyone!
What Kind of Sauce do I need?
It is possible to make your own buffalo wing sauce, but this is one instance when I prefer store bought.
Can I Make Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Ahead of Time:
Yes! This is great for meal prep and freezing leftovers.
To prep ahead:
Add chicken, broth, sauce and slurry to a freezer bag and remove any air and seal. Store in fridge for up to 3 days or freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw before cooking.
To Meal Prep:
Cook and cool chicken. Portion into individual servings and store in airtight container in fridge for 3 days or freezer for 3 months. Thaw and heat to serve.
Store in airtight container in fridge for 3 days or freezer for 3 months. Thaw and heat to serve.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
- 2 ½ quart slow cooker
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch whisked with 1 tablespoon water
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8
- Remove chicken and shred with forks
- Return to slow cooker and let set for 15 minutes to absorb sauce before serving