Hi, I’m Jennifer
Hey there! I’m Jennifer, and I started this blog, Slow Cooker Gourmet, back in 2013 as a place to share wholesome yet simple slow cooker recipes! As a busy mom, I’m always looking for ways to get a healthy dinner on the table despite my crazy schedule.
Most slow cooker recipes I find on the internet utilize a lot of canned soups and other processed ingredients. I combine the best of both worlds and share recipes that are still easy to make, but use as many fresh and healthy ingredients as possible.
Fun Facts About Me
I’d rather be
at the beach
with my family
in my garden
best snuggle buddies
cats and dogs
My Favorite Recipe
my husband’s favorite recipe
my kids’ favorite recipe
Where this all began
- After being a tax accountant for 13 years, I took a leap of faith and quit my job in 2013 to focus on my family
- I’ve always had a dream of owning my own business, I just never imagined it would be a blog!
- I love to cook (important if you have a food blog! 🤣) but through this journey I’ve also found a passion for food photography and teaching others to blog as a business.
- I live in Kansas City with my husband, 2 kids, plus our dogs and cats and probably some foster kittens too
- I’m obsessed with my slow cooker, but I do love my Instant Pot and air fryer as well, and you can find my recipes for those on my other blog Garnished Plate.