If you are looking a dinner that is so simple yet will get your family and friend scrambling for a seat at the dinner table, why not try this Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken?! Serve it up as sandwiches, tacos, nachos or anything you can dream up!
Remember that homemade BBQ sauce we made the other day? Now we are gonna make delicious stuff with it! Let’s start off super simple with this pulled chicken. I know it’s really too easy to even call it a recipe except that I want to call to your attention how much better it will be when you make your own Jalapeno Peach BBQ sauce! The flavor goes perfectly with the chicken and makes some pretty darn good sandwiches!!! Of course, you can also make this Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken with any favorite sauce you love!
How do you make shredded chicken? What does it mean when meat is pulled? Is that the same thing?
- Shredded, or pulled chicken, is made by cooking the chicken until it reaches 165 degrees F and is totally cooked through
- You will generally need to have cooked it in some liquid for it to be shreddable
- If it doens’t easily shred, you need to cook it longer
The other thing I do that sets this pulled chicken apart from the rest? Use boneless skinless chicken thighs. So much flavor from the chicken itself along with the super yummy BBQ sauce makes these the best.
How long does it take to shred chicken in a crockpot?
- In general it will take about 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low
- Slow cookers can vary in temperature, so times will also vary
- The only way to know for sure is to check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer
How should you serve up this pulled chicken from the crockpot?
- Of course the traditional way to eat pulled chicken is on buns with extra sauce. And you can never go wrong with traditional.
- But it’s also fun to try new things and this chicken makes great wraps and even great topping for rice.
- Or if I’m trying to stay low carb I will often eat the leftover just plain. Yum!
- But my must have is usually topped with plenty of creamy coleslaw!
A perfect meal to let cook while you will be gone all day. Chicken thighs will cook in their own juices and not dry out like chicken breasts. Just shred it up when you get home and toss with some extra sauce and dinner is done!
Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup Homemade Jalapeno Peach BBQ Sauce ((or other favorite sauce + more to serve))
- Buns for serving ((optional))
- Put chicken and sauce in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 until chicken is fully cooked and can be easily shredded
- Shred chicken using two forks and serve on buns or as desired
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!