Remember that homemade BBQ sauce we made the other day? Now we are gonna make stuff with it! Let’s start off super simple with this pulled chicken. I know it’s really too easy to call it a recipe except that I want to call to your attention how much better it will be when you make your own Jalapeno Peach BBQ sauce! The flavor goes perfectly with the chicken and makes some pretty darn good sandwiches!!!
Of course the traditional way to eat pulled chicken is on buns with extra sauce. And you can never go wrong with traditional. But it’s also fun to try new things and this chicken makes great wraps and even great topping for rice. Or if I’m trying to stay low carb I will often eat the leftover just plain. Yum!
A perfect meal to let cook while you will be gone all day. Chicken thighs will cook in their own juices and not dry out like chicken breasts. Just shred it up when you get home and toss with some extra sauce and dinner is done!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ½ cup Homemade Jalapeno Peach BBQ Sauce (or other favorite sauce) + more to serve
- Buns for serving, optional
- Put chicken and sauce in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 until chicken is fully cooked and can be easily shredded
- Shred chicken using two forks and serve on buns or as desired
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!