I know it’s not quite BBQ season yet but that hasn’t stopped me from slow cooking up some delicious baked beans to enjoy along side our dinners. This is such a simple side dish that goes so well with so many different kinds of meals and they are also the perfect way to use up any of that leftover pulled pork (or beef or chicken for that matter). Give these easy classic beans a try and I think they will become a regular in your rotation too!
Whenever I have some leftover pulled meat I just store it in some little baggies in the freezer so that it won’t go to waste. But it seems like no one ever really goes to the effort to thaw it out and make a sandwich. That’s why I like to re-purpose it!
- 2 slices bacon
- 4-6 oz leftover pulled pork
- 2 (15oz) cans beans, drained and rinsed (I used white navy beans)
- 1 (14.5oz) can crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- In skillet or microwave cook bacon until lightly crispy
- Let cool enough to handle and then crumble into slow cooker
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well with spoon
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4
Free Guide to Slow Cooking!
Sign up for our newsletters and get an instant download of our Welcome and Getting Started Guide to Slow Cooking!