Want to know the easiest way to make delicious baked potatoes? These slow cooker baked potatoes are simple and perfectly cooked! Even easy enough to make on a weeknight.
Now, I realize that baking potatoes in the oven is not a difficult task. Even so, it’s not something I really ever do. I rarely have time to start working on dinner an hour in advance and to hang around to supervise the oven. I’d much rather have an easier way, and for me, throwing them in the slow cooker is the answer. Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes are easy and you can put them in early in the day and have piping hot baked potatoes for dinner!
Can you really cook potatoes in the slow cooker?
- Yep!! I make all kinds of potatoes in the slow cooker including mashed potatoes!
- When making “baked” potatoes remember not to add any extra liquid to the pot so they don’t steam or boil
- You can wrap them in foil for a more tender skin or not for a crispier skin
What kind of potatoes should I use for slow cooker baked potatoes?
- the short answer, any kind you like
- the regular baking potatoes, or russet, potatoes are always a good choice. They tend to have a higher starch content and are a little more mealy
- I personally love gold or white premium potatoes as they have a firmer, smoother texture
- Red potatoes are delicious as well and tend to hold their shape and have good flavor although the skin can be a little more tough
How long does it take to cook potatoes in a slow cooker?
- it will depending on many factors including the size of your potatoes and the size of your slow cooker
- On high anywhere from 2-3 hours
- On low anywhere from 4-6
- Times will be forgiving, so don’t worry to much about them getting over done
Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes
- 2 pounds gold potatoes (or potato of choice)
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Wash and dry potato and pierce several times on each side with fork
- Add to large bowl and toss with avocado oil and salt
- Wrap each potato in a piece of foil and place in slow cooker
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 or until fork tender
- Serve topped with butter, cheese, sour cream or as desired
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!