Looking for some true comfort food to get you through this cold and dreary winter season? This Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup is bright and tasty with the addition of fresh juices for a flavor explosion!
I feel so torn right now between my love of summer and my desire to cozy up by the fire while watching movies. The biggest motivation to wish for some cold weather and possibly even a snow day?
The warm, delicious and comforting bowls of soup that are to be had in the winter are the best. This Slow Cooker Citrus Herb Chicken Noodle has become a new family favorite, whether someone is sick or we just want a warm bowl of comfort.
One of the best things about soups besides wrapping your hands around a nice steaming bowl! How super easy they are to make in the slow cooker!! Adding in fresh veggies and juicy chicken is so easy when they can just slow cook away all day!
- dried spices make it easy to make this soup without any washing or chopping
- I keep bottle of lemon and lime juice on hand and use regular orange juice to keep it simple
- you can use either frozen homestyle egg noodles or regular dried egg noodles
How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup:
I'm sure we all have those go-to chicken noodle soup recipes in our dinner line-ups, but I promise you won't be disappointed by this fresh tasting take on a classic!
I used lots of fresh carrots and celery plus my favorite dried herbs to give it that rich delicious flavor. Then I added plenty of citrus to give it a totally new take! Add plenty of chicken that becomes fall apart tender and finish it all off with the most import part of any chicken noodle soup...noodles! It's finally time for those hearty family dinners we all crave!
I love making extras when making chicken noodle soup to freeze and keep on hand in case we get sick. Nothing is better than chicken noodle soup when you have a cold.
To make it easy, I use these Souper Cubes to portion and freeze my leftovers! Then it's easy to pop a cube or two in the microwave for a quick lunch or dinner.
Also good for when you're under the weather? My Slow Cooker Spicy Chicken Soup!
Slow Cooker Citrus Herb Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 celery ribs (1 cup chopped)
- 5 carrots (2 cups peeled and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 12 oz Reames frozen Homestyle Egg Noodles for later
- salt & pepper for later
- Add chicken (no need to chop), chopped celery and chopped carrots to slow cooker
- Squeeze 2 tablespoons juice each from a lemon, lime and orange and add to slow cooker (make sure to remove any seeds from the juice)
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, thyme and rosemary
- Stir in chicken broth and cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4
- Use two forks to gently shred fully cooked chicken
- Add frozen noodles directly to slow cooker and heat on high for about 30 minutes or until noodles are cooked through and warm
- Taste broth and add salt and pepper as desired