This Slow Cooker Citrus Herb Chicken Noodle Soup is a hearty bowl of comfort food that is filled with wholesome ingredients!
I feel so torn right now between my love of summer and my desire to cozy up by the fire while watching feel-good holiday movies. I think the fuzzy slippers and my favorite warm sweaters are helping to sway me in the direction of sleeping with a spoon under my pillow and doing snow dances in hopes of seeing some of the fluffy white stuff. But the biggest motivation to wish for some cold weather and possibly even a snow day? The warm, delicious and comforting bowls of soup that are to be had!! If you read my blog year round then you know my family loves soup about any time of year. But cold weather? Well, it allows us to dial it up a notch to the truly satisfying soups that will warm us heart and soul! This Slow Cooker Citrus Herb Chicken Noodle has become a new family favorite!
One of the best things about soups besides wrapping your hands around a nice steaming bowl? How super easy they are to make in the slow cooker!! Adding in fresh veggies and juicy chicken is so easy when they can just slow cook away all day! And even better? Adding plenty of homemade tasting noodles that are such a simple way to make your soup that much more delicious and satisfying!
I’m sure we all have those go-to chicken noodle soup recipes in our dinner line-ups, but I promise you won’t be disappointed by this fresh tasting take on a classic! I used lots of fresh carrots and celery plus my favorite dried herbs to give it that rich delicious flavor. Then I added plenty of fresh squeezed citrus to give it a totally new take! Add plenty of chicken that becomes fall apart tender and finish it all off with the most import part of any chicken noodle soup…. Reames Homestyle Egg Noodles! It’s finally time for those hearty family dinners we all crave!
And guess what else we have going on today? An awesome surprise!! You all have the chance to win a $50 gift card!! Is there any time of year that isn’t good to get an extra $50?! Check out all the entry options below! And start thinking about all the chicken noodle soup you can make if you win 😉
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3-4 celery ribs (1 cup chopped)
- 4-5 carrots (2 cups peeled and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 12 oz Reames frozen Homestyle Egg Noodles (for later)
- salt & pepper (for later)
- Add chicken (no need to chop), chopped celery and chopped carrots to slow cooker
- Squeeze 2 tablespoons juice each from a lemon, lime and and orange and add to slow cooker (make sure to remove any seeds from the juice)
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, thyme and rosemary
- Stir in chicken broth and cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4
- Use two forks to gently shred fully cooked chicken
- Add frozen noodles directly to slow cooker and heat on high for about 30 minutes or until noodles are cooked through and warm
- Taste broth and add salt and pepper as desired
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Marzetti Reames Frozen Egg Noodles. The opinions and text are all mine.
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!