Chicken Gnocchi Soup is a favorite among the restaurant crowd! Learn to make an even more delicious version at home with this Slow Cooker Chicken and Gnocchi Soup recipe. Using simple and wholesome ingredients and the help of your slow cooker, you will have a new dinner favorite!
I know, I’ve posted a few soups lately, and seriously? It’s the middle of summer. But hey, who says the rules have to be followed? I love soup year round!! Especially when it’s easy to make and can be cooking away while we are out enjoying our summer days! Plus, when a soup (or let’s face it, anything) contains gnocchi, it’s pretty much a year-round winner. And I have to say, this version rocks. I was craving it and ordered at a restaurant the other day and was bummed by the lack of both chicken or gnocchi in my bowl :(.
This Chicken Gnocchi Soup is just too easy!
- Just toss all the ingredients in the slow cooker along with some flour and simply let it simmer all day.
- The soup will thicken up nicely and using chicken thighs creates so much flavor. In fact, I must insist on the chicken thighs in this recipe, the taste can’t be beat!
- This chicken gnocchi soup is perfect for any time of year! It is full of healthy ingredients and is a quick way serve a filling dinner you can feel good about!
This soup is packed with carrots and spinach so it’s a great way to get your veggie fix. In my book that makes for a well rounded meal. Enjoy this delicious version of a classic soup whether it’s 100 degrees or -10. A favorite in our family for sure!
Just shred up the chicken, add the remaining ingredients and let them finish up for a few minutes and you won’t have to worry about children crying they are hungry for an hour (unless you have to take pictures… like me. I still deal with the whining child;).
If you love this chicken gnocchi soup, try these other family favorites!
Chicken Gnocchi Soup is a favorite among the restaurant crowd! Learn to make an even more delicious version at home with this Slow Cooker Chicken and Gnocchi Soup recipe. Using simple and wholesome ingredients and the help of your slow cooker, you will have a new dinner time favorite!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup frozen crinkle cut carrots
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (for later)
- 18 oz dried gnocchi (1package, for later)
- 4-5 oz baby spinach (for later)
- Add chicken, carrots, seasonings, and flour to slow cooker
- Toss to coat well
- Slowly stir in chicken broth, stirring to make sure flour dissolves
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8
- Shred chicken with forks (or break apart into large chunks)
- Add cream, gnocchi and spinach
- Cover and return to high heat for 15-30 minutes until gnocchi is cooked tender and soup is fully heated through