Are you a fan of that famous restaurant chicken and gnocchi soup? I’ve just updated my recipe and now it’s even better than any you can find! Packed full of rich creamy flavor, tons of chicken and plenty of gnocchi, this dinner is fit for any family meal!
It’s no secret I love a good soup! I originally created my Slow Cooker Chicken and Gnocchi Soup recipe in the summer time, and have made it many times since. While the original version was good, not only did I want to simplify the number of ingredients, but I also wanted to improve the flavor and texture of the soup. After testing and more testing (boy, this is a tough job! 😉 ), I finally got it just the way I wanted and I think you will love it just as much as we do!
This Chicken and Gnocchi Soup is just too easy!
- It takes just a few minutes to add the first ingredients in the slow cooker so they can simmer all day.
- The use of corn starch helps the soup thicken up nicely and using chicken thighs creates so much flavor. In fact, I must insist on the chicken thighs in this recipe, the taste can’t be beat!
- This chicken gnocchi soup is perfect for any time of year! It is full of healthy ingredients and is a quick way serve a filling dinner you can feel good about!
This soup is packed with carrots and spinach so it’s a great way to get your veggie fix. In my book that makes for a well rounded meal. Enjoy this delicious version of a classic soup whether it’s 100 degrees or -10. A favorite in our family for sure!
To finish off this slow cooker soup:
After cooking all day, the chicken will be done and the broth will be thickened from the corn starch. Now it’s time to add the milk, gnocchi and spinach.
I originally used heavy cream for this recipe but ended up switching it for evaporated milk with better results. It takes about 30 minute to heat though after adding the evaporated milk and gnocchi, and it’s totally worth this extra step so that the milk stays nice and smooth in the soup and the gnocchi is perfectly cooked.
Compared to the restaurant version, this one is packed with a ton more chicken and veggies and even gnocchi and is so rich and creamy and filling, you can serve it for a hearty dinner any night of the week.
Favorite side for slow cooker chicken and gnocchi soup include….
- tossed green salad with Italian dressing
- buttermilk drop biscuits
Are you a fan of that famous restaurant chicken and gnocchi soup? I've just updated my recipe and now it's even better than any you can find! Packed full of rich creamy flavor, tons of chicken and plenty of gnocchi, this dinner is fit for any family meal!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 carrots peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon herb and garlic seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 12 oz evaporated milk (for later)
- 18 oz dried gnocchi (1 package, for later)
- 2 oz baby spinach (for later)
Add chicken, carrots, seasonings, and cornstarch to slow cooker
- Toss to coat well
Slowly stir in chicken broth, stirring to make sure cornstarch dissolves
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8
- Shred chicken with forks (or break apart into large chunks)
- Add cream, gnocchi and spinach
- Cover and return to high heat for 15-30 minutes until gnocchi is cooked tender and soup is fully heated through
Instead of herb and garlic seasoning, you can use 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning + 1 teaspoon onion powder + 1 teaspoon garlic powder
After cooking, taste and add additional salt as needed, I added another 1/2 teaspoon.
Chicken can be chopped before cooking or added in whole pieces and shredded after cooking.
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!