I’m admittedly not a fan of chicken noodle soup. I think I just have a notion that you should only have it when you are nursing a cold. BUT this chicken noodle soup is the exception. I could eat it everyday for lunch along with a nice toasty sandwich. Juicy and flavorful chicken thighs, mushrooms, rich cream and thin egg noodles. Seriously yum.
We polished off every last bit of this soup at our house. We served it for dinner along with a nice green tossed salad and some crusty bread with butter. It was just enough for 4 bowls plus another 1/2 bowl for 3 of us.
Let the chicken and mushrooms simmer away all day with the seasonings. Then when it’s dinner time you will add the cream and noodles and bump the heat up to high. Another 30 minutes and dinner is ready!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 (8oz) can mushrooms, drained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pinch ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz egg noodles (thick or thin, your preference. I used homestyle Amish noodles)
- Place all ingredients except for cream and noodles in crock
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours until chicken is fully cooked
- Remove chicken and shred or dice and return to crock
- Add noodles and cream and turn slow cooker to high heat
- Let cook for 15-30 minutes until noodles are softened as desired
Free Guide to Slow Cooking!
Sign up for our newsletters and get an instant download of our Welcome and Getting Started Guide to Slow Cooking!