No matter if the weather is warm or cold, a comforting bowl of chicken noodle soup is always in order! This Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup is quick and easy to assemble and perfect for sharing with a friend or just having for dinner!
I'm admittedly not generally a fan of chicken noodle soup. I think I just have a notion that you should only have it when you are nursing a cold. BUT this chicken noodle soup is the exception. I could eat it everyday for lunch along with a nice toasty sandwich. Juicy and flavorful chicken thighs (or breasts), mushrooms, rich cream and thin egg noodles. Seriously yum.
We polished off every last bit of this soup at our house. We served it for dinner along with a nice green tossed salad and some crusty bread with butter. It was just enough for 4 bowls plus another ½ bowl for 3 of us.
What spices are good in chicken noodle soup?
- a simple Italian seasoning is delicious but there are other options too
- an herb and garlic seasoning blend adds extra flavor
- poultry seasoning has all the flavors that will complement the soup well
Try out different ones to figure out what your family enjoys the most.
How do you make homemade chicken noodle soup?
- The short answer is that the slow cooker makes it easy! Soup makes such a great slow cooker meal when you will be away all day. No worries about it getting all dried up. And this soup is especially perfect since it required very little prep work.
- Let the chicken and mushrooms simmer away all day with the seasonings. Then when it's dinner time you will add the cream and noodles and bump the heat up to high. Another 30 minutes and dinner is ready!
- I'm willing to bet this will make a welcome and easy addition to your favorite comfort food line up!
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 8 ounces canned mushrooms, drained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pinch ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces egg noodles (thick or thin, your preference. I used homestyle Amish noodles)
- Place all ingredients except for cream and noodles in crock
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours until chicken is fully cooked
- Remove chicken and shred or dice and return to crock
- Add noodles and cream and turn slow cooker to high heat
- Let cook for 15-30 minutes until noodles are softened as desired
For a non-creamy but still totally delicious version of chicken noodle soup in your slow cooker, they this Citrus Herb Chicken Noodle Soup!