It’s time for full on comfort food with this classic soup turned up a notch and made easy using the electric pressure cooker. Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup is perfect to cozy up with on a cold night.
While I sometimes feel the classics can be a little on the boring side, there are also those times when nothing else will do! And while this may not be quite your mom’s chicken noodle soup, the good news is it is quick and simple and will give you a chance to start making those delicious memories with your own kiddos! Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup is packed with flavor and hearty enough for to feed a hungry family.
How do I make chicken noodle soup from scratch?
It depends on how “from scratch” you want to be. Mine is somewhere between, more like a semi-homemade soup, but feel free to sub out anything store bought for your own homemade version. The idea for me is that I’d like something quick and easy, but not just from a can.
- boneless chicken thighs simmer away and add extra flavor
- canned mushrooms and broth are timesavers when you don’t have fresh
- Amish style egg noodles are the best compromise between delicious homemade taste and the ease of dried noodles
- I like to add baby carrots, but my kids prefer I don’t
What spices are good in chicken noodle soup?
Fresh herbs are always amazing, but something I rarely have on hand. I therefore gravitate toward seasoning blends to keep things simple and delicious. One of my favorites for pretty much any dish is this herb and garlic seasoning, and it is just as amazing in this soup. Poultry seasoning and Italian seasoning are the other good options.
If you’d rather have a soup that is simmering away all day while you work (or play!) then be sure to try the slow cooker version of this soup!
Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 8 ounces canned mushrooms (drained)
- 1/2 cup chopped baby carrots (optional)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon herb and garlic seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz Amish style egg noodles
- Add all ingredients except for noodles to Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker
- Seal and set on high pressure for 10 minutes according to manufacturer instructions
- Allow natural pressure release then remove lid
- Set to sauté and bring soup to a simmer
- Add noodles and cook according to package instructions until tender
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!