When you crave the perfect combo of slow-cooked comfort food along with fresh, crisp flavors then you can’t go wrong with Slow Cooker Greek Chicken Tacos with Cucumber Salsa!
It’s that time of year when the weather is getting a bit chilly and it’s time to start dreaming of all things fall and winter. This is perfect for me because slow cookers and cooler weather go hand-in-hand, and I love using my slow cooker pretty much every day of the week.
To me, that never means sticking only to soups or casseroles, because I still crave the fresh flavors of all of my favorite produce. Sometimes I have a great idea of what I want to make before I head to buy groceries and other times I let myself be inspired by what I find. This time it was certainly the latter.
I headed over to Walmart where I like to stop to grab a few things after dropping my daughter off at school, and found some locally grown Missouri salad cucumbers that I just had to snag. I wanted to come up with something simple to make, and my mind went right to taco recipes. What goes better with Slow Cooker Greek Chicken Tacos than a crispy fresh cucumber salsa?!
I’ve been buying the better portion of my groceries at Walmart since they opened a store near me several years ago. That’s why I’m excited to share my locally grown finds with you and hopefully inspire you to find some fresh local produce at your Walmart and come up with a new recipe of your own! Because they were locally grown and fresh to the store, these cucumbers had perfect flavor and crispness. I love little salad cucumbers anyway, so they were the perfect inspiration for my dish. Given that Walmart works with growers all over, you should be able to head to your community store to find some interesting produce inspiration for yourself!
Oh, and if you’re tight on time, you can also order fresh groceries with Walmart’s same day pickup. Start your next shopping trip at Walmart.com/Grocery.
How to make Greek Chicken in the slow cooker?
- This chicken is really simple! Just some chicken tenderloins that go into the slow cooker whole.
- Add some olive oil to help them brown up a bit
- Add some Greek seasoning blend for delicious and easy flavor
- No need to add additional liquid – these will cook up nice and juicy
How do you make cucumber salsa?
This version is very simple. Just cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, oil and salt and pepper. Plus a little fresh basil if you have some!
I love the salad cucumber because there is no need to remove messy seeds.
Instead of sour cream, I love a tangy plain Greek yogurt mixed with a little lemon juice. It’s the perfect complement to the Greek flavors and fresh veggies.
These tacos are a meal to be enjoyed any time of the year. I hope that this inspires you to not only try this new and creative recipe, but also to get creative with the fresh produce you find next time you head out to grocery shop.
Slow Cooker Greek Chicken Tacos
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 2 tablespoons Greek seasoning
- 2 salad cucumbers (quartered)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (quartered)
- 1/4 small red onion (sliced)
- 3 large basil leaves (slivered)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5.3 oz plain Greek yogurt (one container)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 taco sized flour tortillas
- Toss chicken with 2 tablespoons olive oil and seasoning and place in slow cooker
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8
- Toss together diced cucumber, tomato, sliced onion, and slivered basil along with remaining olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Whisk together yogurt and lemon juice and refrigerate until ready to serve
- Serve tacos topped with 2 pieces of chicken, salsa and Greek yogurt or as desired
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Walmart. The opinions and text are all mine.
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!