This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hunt’s and BUSH’S. The opinions and text are all mine.
Looking for a chili recipe that is simple to make yet turns up the flavor dial by several notches? This Slow Cooker Maple Bacon Chili will have the family scrambling to the table and you showing off your chili pride!
I just love making chili, and I’m not sure I will ever run out of ideas for making new chili recipes! Lean ground beef, maple bacon and just the right spices to start. From there it takes just a few more items to make your new favorite chili recipe for fall. This chili combines all of my favorite sweet and spicy things to create a dish that has a big flavor profile with just a few simple ingredients.
How do you make the best homemade chili?
Start with the best ingredients, of course!! Like vine-ripened tomatoes from Hunt’s and slow simmered chili beans from BUSH’s… I’ve linked up the exact ones I used below!
- Hunt’s Petite Diced Tomatoes
- BUSH’S White Chili Beans (these are my favorite beans to use in chili, mild with a great texture!)
- maple bacon
- lean ground beef
- chipotle chili powder for a little extra spice
Brown up your beef and bacon in your skillet or multi-cooker and the rest of this recipe pretty well cooks itself. Maple bacon is a critical flavor here, as is the chipotle chili powder, but feel free to customize by adding other spices or even more beans!
This chili needs to simmer away all day in the slow cooker, and there is a very good reason for that. It will make your house smell amazing! I thought about making this in the pressure cooker, but that would mean missing out on the mouthwatering scents drifting about!
As far as toppings go, there’s really no need to get crazy. A sharp cheddar cheese, some additional crispy bacon pieces and a few green onions are all that is needed to enjoy the flavors of this chili. Of course, feel free to make it your own with a little sour cream swirl or some crushed tortilla chips!
A few other common questions I get when it comes to making chili…
Do you drain beans for chili?
- not with these! I used BUSH’S White Chili Beans and they come in the most amazing sauce that enhances the flavor of the chili
- if you choose regular pinto or red kidney beans, you could drain them if desired
Do you have to brown the meat before slow cooking?
- in this case, yes!
- browning the beef and bacon not only helps to break it up it also helps to develop the flavors
Slow Cooker Maple Bacon Chili
- Finely chop 6 slices of the maple bacon and add to preheated skillet or multi cooker along with ground beef
- Sauté and break apart with spatula until fully cooked then transfer meat to slow cooker
- Add remaining ingredients, cover and cook on high for 3-4 hour or low for 6-8
- Cook remaining bacon according to package directions and finely chop
- Serve chili topped with crispy bacon pieces along with cheese or as desired
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!