Create the unexpected next time you entertain. Slow Cooker Beer Glazed Brisket is perfect for feeding a crowd.
I generally try to make and post recipes here on the blog that are a little different and haven’t been done a million times. But then again, I think it’s good to post recipes from time to time that do tend to be the staples to a lot of us. I mean, we’ve all seen plenty of Slow Cooker Enchilada Soup recipes and a lot of you have probably made at least of few of them. Maybe you even have a favorite. But I still want to share with you my way of making it in case it gives you any new inspiration for how to make yours!
If you’ve seen some of my other recipes, then you’ve probably guessed that I’m quite a fan of fire-roasted diced tomatoes. I love the little extra smokiness and richness they give in recipes like this.
I also used some fresh tomatoes to have that juicy bite in every spoonful and to up the nutrition even more. Check out my thoughts on using canned vs. fresh in #4 in this post.
Use some whipped cream cheese to make it just a little richer and creamier without making it heavy. This soup is perfect whether you want to warm up on a cold day or have a light meal on a warm day.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast (chopped)
- 15 oz black beans, drained and rinsed (1 can)
- 14.5 oz fire-roasted diced tomatoes (1 can)
- 10 oz homemade enchilada sauce (or store bought)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin (if store bought sauce)
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder (IF you used store bought sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn
- 10 oz baby tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4-8 oz whipped cream cheese (depending on creaminess desired)
- Add all ingredients except cream cheese to slow cooker
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8
- Shred chicken in slow cooker
- Stir in cream cheese until smooth and let heat through on high for another 15-30 minutes
- Stir again well to combine before serving
I cooked this on high for 4 hours in my 4 quart multi-cooker.
Slow Cooker Gourmet is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. If you purchase a product through this link I will earn a small commission. As always, I only recommend products I use and love!
Want more traditional recipes with a fresh twist?