When you’re ready to take your dinners from boring to amazing, these Slow Cooker Pork Enchilada Bowls will make it easy!
We know everyone goes nuts over pulled pork, right? So how about creating a new pulled pork recipe that will take you well beyond the typical pulled pork sandwiches and help you serve your family or friends one of the seriously best dinners they’ve had in a long time?! These Slow Cooker Pork Enchilada Bowls have everything! From rice, to corn to crispy tortillas they are truly a complete meal in a bowl. And the best part is… they are so easy to make!
We start with a simple homemade spice blend. With ancho chili powder, paprika and even cocoa, this blend will make the smokiest richest sauce for the pork.
Whisk it all together with some tomato sauce and you are essentially creating the tastiest homemade enchilada sauce ever.
This is an all day recipe, so get it started early and let that pork go for at least 8 hours. Once it’s all done, well take it out, shred it up and use the juices left behind to make an amazingly tasty rice for the base of our bowls. Using a premium instant rice will let this cook up without any effort while you make the tasty corn salad and crispy tortillas.
Serve this up for one of the seriously best dinners you’ve had in a long time. You’ve gotta love complete meals in a bowl, especially when they are this easy and delicious!
When you're ready to take your dinners from boring to amazing, these Slow Cooker Pork Enchilada Bowls will make it easy!
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 pound pork shoulder
- 3 cups premium instant rice
- 3 ears corn
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- !For tortillas:
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 15 oz can pinto beans
- Whisk together tomato sauce, broth, and all seasoning
- Place pork shoulder in slow cooker (4 - 6 quart) and pour sauce over it
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours
- Remove pork and shred
- Measure remaining liquid in slow cooker (it should be about 3 cups)
- Add 3 cups rice to 3 cups of liquid (or adjust as needed)
- Stir well, cover and return slow cooker to high heat
- Let cook for 15 minutes or until rice is tender
- Cut corn from cob
- Heat oil in small skillet
- Add corn and saute for 2-3 minutes
- Add seasoning and lime juice and continue to saute for about 1-2 minutes or until corn is tender
- Remove from heat
- Cut tortillas into 1/2 inch strips
- Toss with canola oil
- Place in single layer on baking sheet in oven preheated to 375 degrees
- Bake for 10-15 minutes (turning once) until crispy
- Heat according to package directions
- Add rice to bowls, top with pork, corn, beans and tortilla strips for serving
Craving more pulled pork?
Free Guide to Slow Cooking!
Sign up for our newsletters and get an instant download of our Welcome and Getting Started Guide to Slow Cooking!