Delicious juicy pulled pork with a Caribbean Jerk kick! This tasty Pressure Cooker Pulled Pork can be made the slow cooker or the Instant Pot! Pressure Cooker Caribbean Jerk Pulled Pork is perfect for a quick and easy refreshing meal.
Using your slow cooker or your pressure cooker as the weather warms up is just pretty much genius, especially when you use it to make this Pressure Cooker Pulled Pork! I mean, I love to grill out as much as the next girl, but after work or during a get together, who wants to be standing outside, getting all smoky smelling and worrying over the food when you could sit back and put your feet up with a cold beverage? This Pressure Cooker Caribbean Jerk Pulled Pork is pretty much the most amazing warm weather meal and couldn’t even be easier to make.
Thoughts on Pressure Cooker Pulled Pork (vs. other recipes):
- I decided to make mine in the Instant Pot this time so that I could compare and decide if pressure cooking was better than slow cooking.
- The results are pretty much equal, so the method would really come down to timing. Would you rather throw it in the slow cooker in the morning and have it ready when you get home at dinner time? Or would you like to get it started in the afternoon? Or would you like to make it ahead of time and re-heat it later?
- Timing wise for me, slow cooking is still the best option, although the pressure cooker has come in quite handy a time or two in a pinch when I forgot to start dinner in the morning.
When’s the best time to serve Pressure Cooker Pulled Pork?
- When you’re short on time and need a quick weeknight meal
- When you want to eat amazing food!
- When you are feeding a crowd
If you want to go back to basics and serve up a regular slow cooker pulled pork, check out my most popular recipe!
About the Pineapple Salsa:
Another key component to the recipe is the pineapple salsa. It’s only been recently that I’ve discovered that I actually love pineapple, so be on the lookout for everything pineapple the next few months. I’ll try not to get too crazy, but I can’t promise.
Or maybe even just with a fork? Time to start dreaming of summer, fresh flavors and delicious food!
Caribbean Jerk Pulled Pork
- 3 1/2 pound boneless pork shoulder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chives
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 oz pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 12 hamburger buns
- 1 pineapple, cored, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup loosely packed chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- Stir together all dried seasonings and rub into all sides of pork
- Place in slow cooker and carefully add liquids to bottom (For pressure cooker, place liquids in, add rack, and place pork on rack)
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours (For pressure cooker set pressure to manual for 50 minutes on high and allow for a natural pressure release)
- Pork should shred easily with forks. If not add additional cooking time.
- Toss together all ingredients for salsa and refrigerate until ready to serve
- Serve shredded pork on buns with salsa
- Serving size is one sandwich with bun and topped with salsa
- Freeze leftovers for quick meals later on
- Pork should shred easily and to ensure it does check the internal temp (it should be at 205 degrees F)
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!