It is totally possible to indulge and eat lighter at the same time when you make this delicious Slow Cooker Skinny Potato Soup! It’s quick and simple to make and only tastes rich and creamy! Read my tips to lighten up your next comfort food meal!
Who says eating lighter/healthier has to be boring? Of course we all like to indulge from time to time. Take this version of potato soup for instance. But you know what? This skinny version is just as delicious and you don’t even have to feel guilty about eating it! Huge tender chunks of potato in a super flavorful AND creamy broth make this a dinner I would love to eat any night of the week! Add Slow Cooker Skinny Potato Soup to your line up and have comfort food any night!
Why make Slow Cooker Skinny Potato Soup?
- your meals have been a bit on the indulgent side and you’d like to lighten things up without giving up good food
- you really love potatoes and want to enjoy them in a creamy soup
- you want a hearty and filling meal for a cold winter night
Tips for making Slow Cooker Skinny Potato Soup
The key is finding some really creamy style potatoes like these delicious fingerling potatoes. Then a nice mix of herbs with onions and garlic in the broth cooking all day creates loads of flavor. Finally you add just a bit of whipped chive cream cheese to add the creaminess. The perfect potato soup!
It is totally possible to indulge and eat lighter at the same time when you make this delicious Slow Cooker Skinny Potato Soup! It's quick and simple to make and only tastes rich and creamy! Read my tips to lighten up your next comfort food meal!
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese with chives for later
- Fresh herbs for garnish optional, I used parsley
- Wash and cut potatoes into large chunks
- Add to slow cooker along with diced onion and minced garlic
- Add in broth and seasoning
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 until potatoes are tender
- Whisk in cream cheese and let continue to cook and heat through for another 15-20 minutes
- Whisk again until broth is smooth and cream cheese is fully incorporated
Serve garnished with fresh herbs or as desired
I cooked this on high in my 3.5 quart slow cooker for 4 hours.
You may have to give this a few extra whisks to fully incorporate cream cheese. It may look separated at first, but don't panic. Keep whisking and let heat through and it will become smooth.
Smart Points per Serving: 6