The easiest dinner on the planet is this two ingredient Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken! Use fresh salsa for amazing flavor and pile on tacos or in wraps for a quick and simple dinner!
You may think it's not possible to have a delicious dinner using only two ingredients, but this Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken will show you just how easy and amazing it is! When life throws you those busy days where you end up going thru a drive-thru for the sake of just having something to eat for dinner then it's time to throw those two ingredients in the slow cooker for a dinner that's much quicker than any wait in line!
Notes for making Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken:
- Use a fresh style salsa from the produce or deli department rather than jarred salsa off the shelf
- Use a smaller slow cooker (I used my mini casserole slow cooker) so that the chicken and salsa won't burn from having too much air flow in the slow cooker
- You should cook the chicken until it shreds easily, if it doesn't, it needs more time
- You can cook it on high or low depending on the amount of time you have
Ways to eat Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken:
- in your favorite taco shells topped with lettuce, cheese and sour cream
- on top of rice for a delicious burrito bowl
- in flour tortillas topped with melted cheese for a smothered burrito
- on salad for a cool, crispy, healthy dinner
And for a different twist on salsa chicken, try this verde version instead!
Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup fresh style salsa
- Add ingredients to slow cooker
- Cover and cook on high 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 until fully cooked
- Shred chicken and use for tacos, wraps, salads, etc.
- Use fresh style deli salsa for best results
- Use a 3 quart or smaller slow cooker
- Easily double or triple the recipe using the rule of 1 cup of salsa per one pound of chicken