Slow Cooker Verde Chicken Tacos aren’t just for Tuesdays! These easy and healthy chicken tacos will quickly become a family favorite and with only 5 ingredients and the help of your slow cooker they win the award for the easiest meal to go on your table this week!
It may not be Tuesday, but that shouldn’t stop you from making today a taco day at your house! When I call these the Easiest Slow Cooker Verde Chicken Tacos I don’t say that lightly. Use your slow cooker to get a head start with only 5 ingredients and then make them your own by adding all the toppings you desire. These just might be the best dinner you make this week and can be prepared in minutes, just toss in the slow cooker on your way out the door!
Customize these Easiest Slow Cooker Verde Chicken Tacos to make them your own!
- To season the chicken breasts, I use my favorite homemade taco seasoning. Do yourself a favor and keep a batch of this seasoning on hand, I use it ALL THE TIME!
- Be adventurous and use your own favorite version of seasoning by adding different chilis flavors. Maybe a spicy kick with ancho chili powder, a chipotle flavor or whatever you love the most.
- Verde salsa not your thing? You could easily add your favorite store bought salsa or make your own! The combinations are endless!
Let’s get to the toppings! Be as simple or as complex as you wish! I think avocado is a must. You could make a delicious corn salsa or add take-out salsa or cheese dip queso from your favorite local place. Try some different cheese options, veggies, fruits, salsas and dressings, the possibilities are pretty limitless.
Shred the chicken and I’ll let you decide how to assemble! The reason I love this healthy and delicious recipe is because you could make up a double batch of this chicken and use it in different ways to make several meals throughout the week, getting dinner on your table in minutes! I am all about leveraging time!
Love these Easiest Slow Cooker Verde Chicken Tacos? Try the same chicken in these different and delicious ways!
- soft shell tacos
- crunchy tacos
- burrito bowls atop cilantro lime rice
- use it to top some crunchy romaine for a tasty salad
- with cheese and tortillas for a quick quesadilla
- your choice…tell me what you will make!!
Slow Cooker Verde Chicken Tacos aren't just for Tuesdays! These easy and healthy chicken tacos will quickly become a family favorite and with only 5 ingredients and the help of your slow cooker they win the award for the easiest meal to go on your table this week. Don't forget the toppings!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 tablespoon homemade taco seasoning (or your favorite)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Add all ingredients to slow cooker
Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 until chicken is fully cooked
Shred and serve with your favorite toppings
Nutrition facts are for chicken filling only. Remaining results will vary depending on how chicken is served.