Any day is a good day for tacos, but National Taco Day is the ultimate day to eat the most amazing tacos of your life! And to celebrate, I’ve paired up with some of my best blogger friends to bring you a few new creative recipes including these Slow Cooker Korean Beef Tacos!
One of the reasons I love tacos so much is that the options for making them are pretty much endless. From classic and traditional to wild and creative, you just can’t go wrong. I love throwing together ingredients into my slow cooker to make some delicious flavor combos that create a delicious dinner without a lot of work. These Slow Cooker Korean Beef Tacos are surprisingly simple to make for something so delicious!
How to make Korean Beef:
- use trimmed top sirloin, flank steak or skirt steak
- the sauce is made from a base of soy sauce and brown sugar
- cornstarch is used to thicken it up
- it needs to slow cooker until it’s fall apart tender
My Favorite Toppings for Korean Beef Tacos:
- shredded cabbage or sliced radish
- fresh cilantro
- sour cream
- Sriracha mayo
Some other delicious tacos recipes from my friends that I think you really need to try!!
(Recipes for my tacos can be found at the bottom of this post. The other recipes can be found by clicking the links)
Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos from Whitney at whitneybond.com
Chicken Banh Mi Tacos from Elizabeth at Bowl of Delicious
Chicken Street Tacos from Amy at Beautifully Broken Journey
So many delicious tacos, how is it possible to even decide?
Slow Cooker Korean Beef Tacos
- 2 pounds top sirloin (excess fat trimmed, sliced into thin pieces)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ginger
- 2 teaspoons jarred minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 8 taco sized flour tortillas
- 1/2 head red cabbage (shredded)
- 1/4 cup Sriracha mayo
- fresh cilantro
- Place beef in slow cooker
- Whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, ginger and garlic until smooth
- Whisk corn starch with an equal amount of water until smooth then mix into soy sauce mixture
- Pour over beef and cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8
- Serve on flour tortillas topped with cabbage, Sriracha mayo and cilantro or as desired
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!