If you are looking for the ultimate family meal that doesn’t take all day to make then try this flavorful Pressure Cooker Pot Roast! This pot roast is so easy to make in your Instant Pot or other electric pressure cooker!
If your family is craving new beef recipes, then this easy pot roast and potatoes in the electric pressure cooker should go on your menu this week! It’s quick to prep and so much faster than the oven version. Not to mention that it turns out so juicy and fall apart tender!! Add carrots and potatoes for a complete meal! And don’t forget to serve it with gravy made from the leftover pan drippings! This Pressure Cooker Pot Roast is about to become your new favorite family dinner enjoyed around the table!
A few tips for making this Pressure Cooker Pot Roast a stress free dinner:
- Cut a 3 pound chuck roast into chunks so that it will cook a little faster plus have more surface area to brown up
- Pick out the leanest chuck roast you can find because the pressure cooker will do a great job of tenderizing it
- Add whole potatoes and large baby carrots at the beginning of cooking time so that you don’t have to do a second round
- Use the saute function at the end of cooking and add cornstarch to the juices to make a simple and flavorful gravy
What do you need to make this Pressure Cooker Pot Roast Recipe?
- An Instant Pot or another electric pressure cooker
- 3 pound chuck roast
- carrots and baby potatoes
- your favorite seasoning blend.. I used this one that I’ve been obsessing about over on Instagram
Now I have a question for you!! As the weather warms up do still plan to use your slow cooker or will you be looking for more Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker recipes? Leave me a comment and let me know!!
If you are looking for the ultimate family meal that doesn't take all day to make then try this flavorful Pressure Cooker Pot Roast! This pot roast is so easy to make in your Instant Pot or other electric pressure cooker!
- 3 pound chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pink sea salt and herb seasoning
- 1 1/2 pounds baby red potatoes
- 8 oz baby carrots
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
Cut chuck roast into six pieces and coat with seasoning blend
Heat pressure cooker on saute and add olive oil and roast pieces
Sear 5 minutes, turn and sear another five minutes
Add carrots, potatoes and broth
Cover and set pressure cooker on manual high pressure for 45 minutes (per manufacturer instructions)
Allow to natural pressure release for 10 minutes then quick release remaining pressure
Remove beef and vegetables and turn pot to saute
Mix cornstarch with just enough water to make it smooth and add to broth in pot
Simmer until thickened into a gravy
A few more tips for the best Pressure Cooker Pot Roast:
- Use large baby carrots, not petite
- If having the carrots too soft will bother you then cook without them for 35 minutes, do a 10 minute natural pressure release then quick release, add the carrots and cook another 10 minutes
- Use any seasoning blend you love to give this dish unique flavor
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!