Who doesn’t love simple side dishes? These Oven Roasted Carrots are drizzled with a delicious honey butter sauce for the perfect side to almost any meal.
When it comes to side dishes to serve with dinner, I need something easy! Only 5 ingredients required to make these delicious, tender and sweet oven roasted carrots. Carrots go well with just about any dinner and because of their natural sweetness kids seem to love them. One of my favorite ways to eat carrots with with a tasty honey butter sauce because it just enhances that delicious flavor so much.
Just to add even more fun to dinner time, I used these multi color carrots. They come already peeled and ready to cook, which I love when looking for something simple to make for supper. You could use regular carrots or even baby carrots. The sauce will work for any of them, just simply adjust the cooking time depending on the size of the carrots.
What you’ll need to make Oven Roasted Carrots:
- A rimmed baking sheet covered in foil
- a glass dish to melt honey butter mixture
- tongs – a must have for almost every recipe at my house!
Dishes that go well with Oven Roasted Carrots:
- Slow Cooker Baked Chicken Thighs
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Creamy Herb Sauce
- Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
Optional toppings to make them a little fancy include fresh chopped herbs or parmesan cheese! I’m kind of a nut about carrots, so I always like to make a double batch and have leftovers with my lunches, like a turkey burger patty. These are also delicious with fish and other proteins for a great, balance meal!
- 1 pound carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Wash carrots, remove any greens and peel
- If using large carrots, slice to 1/2 inch thick lengthwise
- Place carrots on foil lined baking sheet
- Melt butter in microwave for 30 seconds
- Stir in butter and olive oil
- Drizzle over carrots and sprinkle with salt
- Place in oven and cook 25-30 minutes until tender
Tips for making oven roasted carrots:
- use the bagged peeled whole carrots to save time (and because the looks so pretty)
- Make a double batch and have leftovers for later in the week
- Add fresh herbs or shredded parmesan cheese to change up the flavors
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!