If you're searching for the best recipe for chicken thighs, then you've got to give these Slow Cooker Baked Chicken Thighs with Rice a try! You've never made a chicken thigh recipe easier or tastier than this!
Don't let the thought of too much work keep you from making a delicious dinner! You can use your slow cooker to make the juiciest chicken that will have the family begging you to make it again. Just a couple minutes to brown it up before hand and that's all you need to do in order to have dinner waiting for you at home! And since it includes your carbs, the only thing you need to make this a complete dinner is a side of quick and delicious veggies. Slow Cooker Baked Chicken Thighs with Rice is a simple delicious dinner that is so easy it doesn't need to wait until Sunday!
If you have a multi-cooker it's the perfect tool for making dinners like this. You can brown your chicken and slow cook it all in one pot. Less dishes is always a win for me!
A few tips:
- Make sure your pan or multi-cooker is fully heated before you add the chicken - you want a hot sear
- Use a mix of olive oil and butter to brown you'll get tons of flavor and the perfect crust
- Season the chicken well before searing - it will really get that flavor into the skin
Some of my favorite sides to serve with chicken are:
- spinach sautéed with a little olive oil and garlic
- a crisp green salad with light vinaigrette
- honey roasted carrots (recipe coming soon!)
Last tip to share here before I leave you with the recipe... use a long grain rice with a longer cooking time. When cooking rice in the slow cooker, it will get a little softer on the bottom, so if you are around when it's cooking, just give it a little stir.
Slow Cooker Baked Chicken Thighs with Rice
- Heat olive oil and butter in skillet or multicooker
- Mix together seasonings and rub into chicken
- Place chicken skin side down in hot pan and sear until browned and crispy, 3-4 minutes
- Flip and repeat
- Transfer to slow cooker along with pan drippings and stir in rice
- Add chicken broth and cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4
- Remove chicken and stir rice before serving
If you like the extra flavor of chicken thighs but you want to try something a little different, I really recommend this Smoked Chicken and Sausage Gumbo! I often make it on the grill, but it's really delicious in the slow cooker too!
And if you have some leftovers to use up they would be so perfect for this Chicken and Butternut Squash Lasagna. The homemade sauce is perfect with the rich flavor of the chicken thigh meat.