Comfort food. Family dinner. Done in about 30 minutes. I think that about says it all! A super easy meal perfect for any busy day. Nobody even complained about this meal (i.e. the picky three year old). I call that a super success.
Did I mention how it’s all in one skillet too?! Who does the dishes in your house? The cook? The eaters? Do you all take turns? This is probably another of those times I’m really going to suggest you use chicken thighs instead of breasts. Lot’s more flavor and they just don’t dry out.
Get them all nice and browned and seasoned, add some rice and peas and of course some cheese! You could up the veggies by adding carrots or mushrooms too!
Parmesan Chicken and Rice Skillet with PeasPrint Pin Rate
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs ((about 1 1/2 pounds))
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cream or milk
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil and butter in skillet over medium high to higher heat
- Chop chicken into large bite sized pieces and season chicken with thyme, salt and pepper
- Add chicken to skillet and sear for 6-8 minutes on each side or until cooked though and browned
- Add rice, peas and broth to pan and bring to simmer
- Cover and let cook for 5 minutes or until rice is tender (add a little more broth or water if needed)
- Add cream and heat through
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!