Comfort food. Family dinner. Done in about 30 minutes. I think that about says it all! A super easy meal perfect for any busy day. Nobody even complained about this meal (i.e. the picky three year old). I call that a super success.
Did I mention how it’s all in one skillet too?! Who does the dishes in your house? The cook? The eaters? Do you all take turns? This is probably another of those times I’m really going to suggest you use chicken thighs instead of breasts. Lot’s more flavor and they just don’t dry out.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1½ pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1¾ cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup cream or milk
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil and butter in skillet over medium high to higher heat
- Chop chicken into large bite sized pieces and season chicken with thyme, salt and pepper
- Add chicken to skillet and sear for 6-8 minutes on each side or until cooked though and browned
- Add rice, peas and broth to pan and bring to simmer
- Cover and let cook for 5 minutes or until rice is tender (add a little more broth or water if needed)
- Add cream and heat through
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese
Free Guide to Slow Cooking!
Sign up for our newsletters and get an instant download of our Welcome and Getting Started Guide to Slow Cooking!