I tend to avoid the making of lasagna due to the sheer amount of time and work involved. Plus I don’t really like anything too traditional and so coming up with something the whole family will enjoy can be quite a task. With no-boil noodles, my casserole crock, and a few delicious veggies I finally found a lasagna that fits the bill!
I find dicing veggies nice and relaxing so this recipe was perfect for me! You could also find some pre-sliced veggies to save time if you like. Mushrooms, peppers, onions and squash were my picks but you can sub your favorites.
Layer it all up with ricotta and fresh mozzarella and let this slow cook away while you go play (or work if you must!). Either way when you get home it will be time for everyone to dig into their new favorite lasagna!
- 24 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 8 oz can roasted garlic tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon freeze dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or roasted garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 package oven ready lasagna noodles (about 15 pieces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large bell pepper (yellow, orange, or red), diced
- 1 zucchini squash, diced
- 4 oz Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 15 oz container ricotta cheese
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In large bowl or measuring cup whisk together ingredients for sauce
- In skillet over medium high heat melt butter with olive oil
- Add veggies and stir while sauteing until softened (around 8 minutes)
- Season veggies with Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes
- To make lasagna add 1 cup sauce to bottom of casserole slow cooker
- Top with three lasagna noodles then layer on about ½ cup of ricotta, 2 oz fresh mozzarella, ¼ of the veggie mixture and ½ cup sauce
- Repeat for three more layers
- Your 5th layer will be a final layer of noodles topped with the remaining 1 cup of sauce, the shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheese
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4
- Turn off heat or turn to warm and let rest for 30 minutes or so before slicing
Free Guide to Slow Cooking!
Sign up for our newsletters and get an instant download of our Welcome and Getting Started Guide to Slow Cooking!