Who says lasagna has to take a ton of time and effort? Not this Slow Cooker Veggie Lasagna! Packed full of nutritious veggies and a super simple and delicious homemade pasta sauce, this lasagna will soon be your favorite. With the help of your slow cooker this easy recipe is perfect for your families next meal!I tend to avoid making lasagna due to the sheer amount of time and work involved. Plus I don’t really like anything too traditional, so coming up with something the whole family will enjoy can be quite the task. With no-boil noodles, my casserole crock, and a few delicious veggies I finally found a lasagna that fits the bill!
I find dicing veggies nice and relaxing so this easy recipe was perfect for me! If that isn’t your thing, most grocery stores offer a wide range of pre-sliced vegetables to save time if you like. The best part of this recipe is you can make it your own by choosing veggies that are your favorites!
Choose your favorite vegetables to add to this Slow Cooker Veggie Lasagna:
- Red, yellow, orange, green bell peppers
- Squash or Zucchini
I also made a super simple homemade pasta sauce. This takes only minutes and eliminates all that sugar and stuff you may find in jarred sauces. Grab some crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce (I used the roasted garlic variety), tomato paste, seasonings and a touch of honey for natural sweetness and you will have a homemade sauce that is just as delicious as anything at the store!
I used my Casserole Slow Cooker and layered up this veggie lasagna with ricotta and fresh mozzarella. Let this slow cook away while you go play (or work if you must!). Either way when you get home it will be time for everyone to dig into their new favorite lasagna!
Now that you know how easy this veggie lasagna can be in your slow cooker try these other variations!
Who says lasagna has to take a ton of time and effort? Not this Slow Cooker Veggie Lasagna! Packed full of nutritious veggies and a super simple and delicious homemade pasta sauce, this lasagna will soon be your favorite. With the help of your slow cooker this easy recipe is perfect for your families next meal!
- 24 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 8 oz can roasted garlic tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon freeze dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or roasted garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 package oven ready lasagna noodles about 15 pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large bell pepper yellow, orange, or red, diced
- 1 zucchini squash diced
- 4 oz Portobello mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 15 oz container ricotta cheese
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In large bowl or measuring cup whisk together ingredients for sauce
- In skillet over medium high heat melt butter with olive oil
- Add veggies and stir while sauteing until softened (around 8 minutes)
- Season veggies with Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes
- To make lasagna add 1 cup sauce to bottom of casserole slow cooker
- Top with three lasagna noodles then layer on about 1/2 cup of ricotta, 2 oz fresh mozzarella, 1/4 of the veggie mixture and 1/2 cup sauce
- Repeat for three more layers
- Your 5th layer will be a final layer of noodles topped with the remaining 1 cup of sauce, the shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheese
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4
- Turn off heat or turn to warm and let rest for 30 minutes or so before slicing
It is recommended to make this in a casserole crock but you can also make it in a regular slow cooker. You will just need to adjust the layers to fit your specific slow cooker.