Need a quick fix and no fuss meal in a pinch? 3 Ingredient Slow Cooker Lasagna is about as easy as it gets and it’s a meal the whole family will love! Who wouldn’t want to come home to a deliciously cheesy lasagna for dinner?
Why make lasagna in the slow cooker?
It’s really as simple as knowing that choosing your favorite pasta sauce will let you make an amazing dinner that will be done with very little effort. Is it a cheater kind of meal? Sure. In fact, it may not be so much a recipe as a meal idea. But I also know that many of you are like me and it pains you to spend a money eating out for only the reason that you didn’t have time to make dinner. Having simple go-to items on hand (in this case only 3!!) makes this a dish that can serve as a backup on a busy day or even a yummy treat when everyone wants lasagna. They don’t have to know it was easy to make this 3 Ingredient Slow Cooker Lasagna!
Notes for making this lasagna recipe:
- Use no boil noodles, a carton of ricotta and your favorite sauce for layers and layers of cheesy goodness.
- I love a tomato basil sauce and the fresh flavor works really well in this simple dish.
- I layered this up in my casserole crock which cooks lasagna perfectly for me every time.
If you don’t have a casserole slow cooker, I’ve also done lasagna in my oval slow cookers and it works very well, you just have to break up the noodles to fit. Either way, get these few ingredients and make yourself a meal that will be better, easier and so much cheaper than takeout!!
Need a quick fix and no fuss meal in a pinch? 3 Ingredient Slow Cooker Lasagna is about as easy as it gets and it's a meal the whole family will love! Who wouldn't want to come home to a deliciously cheesy lasagna for dinner?
- 9 oz oven ready lasagna noodles
- 48 oz tomato basil pasta sauce
- 32 oz ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese optional
- Spray crock with non-stick spray if desired
- Add 1 cup of sauce and spread over bottom of slow cooker
Add 3-4 noodles on top of sauce, break apart if necessary
- Top with about 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- Top with 1/2 - 3/4 cup sauce (depending on how saucy you like it)
- Repeat with noodles, ricotta and sauce 3 more times
Top with 3-4 final noodles and one more cup of sauce
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6
Note: This works best in a Slow Cooker Casserole Crock but can also be made in another 4 quart or larger slow cooker. The noodles will need to be broken to fit.
Need a few more reasons to make 3 Ingredient Slow Cooker Lasagna?
- It only takes about 5 minutes to prep
- It’s perfect for serving up with a tossed green salad for a complete meal
- It will be done cooking when you walk in the door, and will smell amazing!
Want more lasagna recipes for your slow cooker? Thy these unique recipes!!