Better than what you can get at most restaurants and it comes out of your slow cooker! This Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo Pasta is a family favorite dinner recipe!
I’m not kidding when I say this is a family favorite recipe. My family went nuts for this and has since requested it multiple times. And how can I say no, when it’s this super easy to make?! Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo Pasta is the simple way to get a gourmet style meal on the table without a lot of work or having to pay a lot of money for take-out!
I have several recipes here on my blog that use pasta, like this Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Pasta and this Slow Cooker Firecracker Chicken Pasta. I know it can sound kind of crazy to make pasta in the slow cooker, but with a little practice and by following these instructions, you’ll find it such and easy way to make a meal like this any day of the week without all the work.
Tips for making pasta in the slow cooker:
- You will cook your meats, etc. first and add the pasta toward the end
- Make sure you plan about 30-45 minutes at the end for cooking your pasta
- You will need plan to stir it a couple of times during that time frame to ensure it cooks evenly without clumping
- Add extra water or broth if not cooked tender
- Serve right away rather than keeping on warm for best results
What is Chicken Alfredo:
- boneless skinless chicken breasts (we cook these in the slow cooker in broth for tender delicious results)
- garlic and parmesan cream sauce (we use cream cheese to make it rich)
- tender pasta (I like fettuccine noodles! You could use linguine or spaghetti or penne, whatever you like!)
- all of these combine to make a delicious meal! Serve with garlic bread or a green tossed salad.
Use a delicious and simple seasoning like this herb & garlic seasoning to keep it simple and tasty!
Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- 1 pound chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon herb & garlic seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 16 ounces noodles
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Place chicken, broth and seasonings in slow cooker
- Top with cream cheese and shredded cheese and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8
- When chicken is fully cooked, remove to separate bowl and shred with two forks
- Set aside chicken
- Whisk together corn starch and water and add to slow cooker
- Use a whisk and stir until cheese and cream cheese is combined and smooth
- Break noodles in half and place in slow cooker
- Top with chicken and cover
- Turn slow cooker on high for 30-60 minutes until noodles are fully cooked, stir 3-4 times during cooking
- If noodles are not done you can add extra broth or water, 1/2 cup at a time
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!