Nothing tastes more like summertime to me than grilling or roasting up some fresh veggies from the farmers market. A couple weekends ago we braved the heat and headed out for the day to check out all the goodies. We came home with several bags full of fruit and veggies and it was time to start meal (and snack) planning so that we didn’t waste a bit. I couldn’t believe we had scored some fresh asparagus for $1 a bundle and since it goes so well with many things I knew we’d find a quick and simple way to use it! Just love the Farmer’s Market!!
This asparagus was just perfect and so was our day!
Our family really had a good time! I wish I would make the effort for us to do this more often since not only did we get some great deals on some healthy produce but we also got to have a lot of fun!
The boys enjoyed checking out the antique car show!
I enjoyed walked around and seeing all the vendors who grow their own food. And the little princess enjoyed drinking half of her brothers coconut juice!
This roasted asparagus is a great way to get a healthy side dish on the table in no time! Every single person in my family eats and loves asparagus cooked this way!
Super Simple Sides: Lemon Pepper Roasted Asparagus
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- pinch of salt or a little more to taste (I probably used about 1/8 teaspoon)
- Make sure your asparagus is cleaned and dried
- Remove woody ends by taking one piece and holding each end while bending until it snaps. Wherever it snaps is ususally where you will want to trim (about and inch or so from the bottom).
- Toss with olive oil, lemon pepper and salt
- Place on a foil lined baking sheet
- Roast in the oven at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes until it is tender and starting to brown but still has a little crispness to it
Need more sides? How about Crispy Garlic Onion Green Beans:
Or how about some Simple Whipped Cauliflower: