Better than what you can get at most restaurants and it comes out of your slow cooker! This Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo Pasta is a family favorite dinner recipe!
Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo Pasta is a super easy, family-friendly meal with zero prep work.
You can get a gourmet-style meal on the table for your family without a lot of work or having to pay tons of money for take-out.
Alfredo sauce is a garlic and Parmesan cream sauce used in a variety of Italian dishes. This recipe uses cream cheese instead of the traditional cream to make the sauce more slow cooker friendly. It will also be thicker.
Using chicken breasts makes for a healthier meal. Cooking them in the slow cooker with broth makes them tender and delicious.
Serve it with garlic bread and a green salad.
Making pasta in the slow cooker:
I have several recipes here on my blog that use pasta, like this Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Pasta and this Slow Cooker Firecracker Chicken Pasta. I know it can sound kind of crazy to make pasta in the slow cooker, but with a little practice and by following these instructions, you’ll find it such and easy way to make a meal like this any day of the week without all the work.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- chicken breasts
- chicken broth
- herb and garlic seasoning
- cream cheese
- Parmesan cheese (fresh melts better and tastes better than dried)
- parsley, for garnish
How To Make Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo:
- place chicken, broth, and seasonings in slow cooker
- top with Parmesan cheese and cream cheese, cook on high 3-4 hours or low 6-8 hours
- remove fully cooked chicken and shred, set aside
- whisk together water and cornstarch, add to slow cooker
- use whisk to stir together contents of slow cooker until cheeses are combined and smooth
- break noodles in half and place in slow cooker
- top with chicken and cover
- turn slow cooker to high for 30-60 minutes until noodles are fully cooked, stirring 3-4 times during cooking
- if noodles are not done, add extra water or broth (1/2 cup at a time) until cooked
** if cooking noodles separately, reduce the amount of broth **
Pro Tips For Making Pasta In The Slow Cooker:
Cooking pasta in the slow cooker doesn’t have to be a chore! Cook your meats, etc. first and add the pasta toward the end.
Make sure you plan about 30-45 minutes at the end for cooking your pasta.
Don’t forget to stir it a couple of times during that time frame to ensure it cooks evenly without clumping!
Add extra water or broth if pasta is not cooked tender. Add additional cornstarch to thicken sauce if needed.
Serve right away rather than keeping on warm for best results.
Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- 1 pound chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon herb & garlic seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 16 ounces noodles
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Place chicken, broth and seasonings in slow cooker
- Top with cream cheese and shredded cheese and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8
- When chicken is fully cooked, remove to separate bowl and shred with two forks
- Set aside chicken
- Whisk together corn starch and water and add to slow cooker
- Use a whisk and stir until cheese and cream cheese is combined and smooth
- Break noodles in half and place in slow cooker
- Top with chicken and cover
- Turn slow cooker on high for 30-60 minutes until noodles are fully cooked, stir 3-4 times during cooking
- If noodles are not done you can add extra broth or water, 1/2 cup at a time
- Add more cornstarch if needed to thicken sauce
- Stir pasta 3-4 times while cooking
- Serve immediately for best results