Sometimes I get a craving or a whim and I’ve just got to see what all I can find in my fridge/pantry to make it happen. This particular instance called for goat cheese and enchiladas. It all comes together with crisp poblano peppers, meaty baby bella mushrooms, and roasted tomato salsa. So many flavors that just seem to fit together perfectly for a simple but delicious enchilada dish that you can have bubbling away in the oven in no time.
I love traditional enchiladas a whole lot, but it’s great to go off the beaten path sometimes too! These were just as easy to make as it would be to brown up some beef or chicken and they were a big hit with my family. I foresee these becoming a regular on busy days in our house.
Simply saute up the veggies and melt the cheese to create the sauce. Bake it all off and dinner is done!Goes perfectly with some cilantro lime rice or another side of your favorite veggies. Even a crisp green salad would be great. An easy dinner for a busy night!
- 1 pound Baby Bella (Crimini) mushrooms, sliced
- 2 poblano peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup chicken broth, divided
- 12 corn tortillas
- 6 oz goat cheese
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup roasted tomato salsa
- ½ cup Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon freeze dried or fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Melt butter and olive oil in skillet over medium high heat
- Add mushrooms and peppers and saute until softened (about 8 minutes)
- Season with thyme, ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper
- Add ¼ cup chicken broth and continue cooking while letting the veggies soften until the broth is absorbed (about 2-3 minutes)
- In a small saucepan add the remaining ¼ cup chicken broth, goat cheese, cream and ¼ teaspoon salt
- Bring to a simmer over medium high heat until cheese has melted and is smooth, sauce should be slightly thick
- Divide the mushroom filling between each of the tortillas (about ¼ cup each) and roll and place seam side down in baking dish
- Cover with salsa, goat cheese sauce and shredded cheese
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted everything is heated through
- Top with cilantro before serving
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!