Yes, I did get the memo! Spring is here. But, I’ve got a chili recipe for you anyway. Why? Well, for starters because it’s a super easy slow cooker recipe that you can toss in and go spend the day outside. Second? Because after spending the whole day outside you are going to have some super hungry people to feed and this meaty, beefy chili is just thing they are going to want!
What’s on your spring to do list? Around here the yard mowing is in full swing. We went to the park over the weekend and the walking trail around the lake was packed with kids and dogs and people. I seriously forgot how many people lived in my neighborhood since we have all been cooped up inside for the last 4 or 5 months.
Of course you can top this all off with the mandatory chili toppings like cheese and sour cream. Fresh chopped cilantro is a perfect spring addition if you have some. Either way fill up those bellies with this hearty, fresh tasting chili and get back outside to enjoy those longer days thanks to daylight savings time!
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 1 cup roasted tomato salsa
- 8 ounces roasted garlic tomato sauce
- 14.5 ounces fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker and stir to combine
- Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours
I cooked this on low in my 5 quart slow cooker for 8 hours