The perfect transition to warmer weather slow cooking! A lighter tasting twist on the traditional pulled meat sandwiches everyone will love this Honey Mustard Pulled Chicken! I love the totally homemade sauce and with just a few ingredients it comes together very quickly. Slow cook away for the day and everyone will come rushing home to have delicious, filling and different family dinner!
I added a quick little step at the beginning that adds that extra flavor and those crispy bits that we all love when we eat pulled meat. Just saute the chicken in some butter for a couple of minutes before adding it to the slow cooker and it will add a whole extra dimension to your meal.
This is one of those meals you may want to think about doubling because the leftovers will be put to good use. I added mine to some crisp romaine for the most amazing salad. Make up a big batch of this pulled chicken and make your own amazing creations!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken (breasts, thighs or mixture)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon grainy or dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper chicken
- Melt butter in skillet over medium high heat
- Add chicken and let cook without moving on each side for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned
- Add to slow cooker
- Whisk together remaining ingredients for sauce
- Pour about 1/2 the sauce over the chicken in slow cooker
- Cover and cook on low for 5-8 hours or high for 2.5 - 4 hours (depending on thickness of chicken)
- Shred chicken using 2 forks
- Toss in extra sauce as desired
Honey Mustard via AllRecipes.