If you’ve ever wondered about how to make a turkey breast without the hassle, try this Slow Cooker Turkey Breast! This recipe uses only 4 ingredients and is simple, juicy and delicious. Perfect for a holiday celebration or a weeknight meal!
In just two weeks Turkey Day will be here and I couldn’t be more excited! I mean, is there any holiday more perfectly suited for a food blogger?! It’s all about being thankful (I’ve got so much to be thankful for!) AND all about the food! Since I’ve been hosting at our house for several years now, we’ve basically got the standard menu down and just add or change things a bit each year. It’s pretty much a group effort. We make the turkey and a few sides and everybody brings several dishes as well. This year I’m trying to decide on a new veggie dish to serve so I can mix it up a bit…. maybe some brussels sprouts? We typically make the biggest turkey I can find (22+ pounds) and therefore I’ve yet to try my hand at a slow cooker turkey, until now! Now that I’ve made this Slow Cooker Turkey Breast I’m not sure I’ll ever mess with a big ‘ol bird ever again! 😉
A few years back my friend Amanda invited us to her house for a pre-Thanksgiving Thanksgiving dinner (Amanda are you reading this? This is a tradition we need to reinstate ASAP!). This was way before I had my food blog but was still obsessed with cooking, recipes, etc. I’m pretty sure my big contribution that year was brussels sprouts, but she made the turkey and it was the star of the show! She made it in the slow cooker, and I was VERY impressed. My Mom makes an amazing Thanksgiving turkey but this slow cooker turkey gave Mom a run for her money.
Plan on making this Slow Cooker Turkey Breast Today!
- No roasting pans or dirtying up a bunch of dishes
- 4 simple and healthy ingredients
- No thawing out a turkey for days
- Simple, Quick and so EASY!
What took me so long to finally share this recipe here? I have absolutely no idea but let’s just be glad I finally have! I asked her the other day if she would be okay with me sharing the recipe and she so graciously agreed! So let’s just call this Amanda’s Famous Thanksgiving Turkey and let’s all make sure we host or attend a pre-Thanksgiving Thanksgiving event. It’s only fair to get our stomachs all warmed up for the big day, no?
You know how I can get a little carried away from time to time trying to add herbs or cream or something to just about any recipe. But I didn’t change a thing here and it turned out perfectly. So juicy and full of flavor! Sometimes the simple delicious goodness of a perfect recipe is all you need. Well, that, and gravy. Obviously. See Recipe below for the too easy gravy made with this Slow Cooker Turkey Breast.
If you are looking for a side dish for Thanksgiving here are a few of my favorites!
- Slow Cooker Fresh Green Bean Casserole
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Corn Casserole
- Pressure Cooker Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
- 3 pound frozen boneless turkey breast (I got mine at Aldi)
- 2 cups turkey broth (sub chicken broth if you can't find turkey)
- 1 sweet onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Fully thaw turkey according to package directions
- Remove package and netting and lay flat in bottom of slow cooker
- Add turkey broth
- Cut onion into rings and layer over top
- Smash garlic cloves or roughly chop and add on top
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours and don't open the lid!
- Carefully remove fully cooked turkey to platter and let rest while making gravy
- Strain all liquid from slow cooker into a saucepan
- Whisk together 1/4 cup of cornstarch with 1/4 cup water until smooth and then whisk into pan drippings
- Bring to a simmer while whisking for about 5 minutes or until thickened
- Slice turkey and serve with gravy
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!