Need a hack to make your Thanksgiving dinner a bit easier? How about using your slow cooker to make your boxed stuffing mix? No stove, no boiling! Just stuffing ready when you are!
Are you team Homemade Stuffing or Team Boxed Stuffing? Even though I have a homemade stuffing recipe, my family is 100% for the boxed stuff. And considering how much easier it is, I’ll never complain.
Is boxed stuffing hard to make on the stove? Nope.
Is it the last thing you want to worry about after coordinating 12 other recipes and cooking since 6am. Yep.
More than anything I just wanted to see if this would work, but I was surprised at how much easier it made things!
How to make boxed stuffing in a slow cooker:
Add water and butter to a small 2-3 quart slow cooker.
Let it heat up for a couple of hours until it’s at a simmer.
When ready, add stuffing, stir and cover.
Wait 5 minutes and fluff!
Benefits of making stuffing in the slow cooker:
- no need to turn on the stove
- no worries about timing
- can use the slow cooker as the serving dish (no extra dishes)
- will keep warm until ready to serve
Need more help with your Thanksgiving Dinner Plan? Grab all of my tips for using your slow cookers!
Slow Cooker Stuffing
- 6 oz boxed stuffing mix (any flavor)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Add water and butter to slow cooker
- Cover and heat on high for 1-3 hours until water is simmering
- Stir in stuffing mix, cover and wait 5 minutes
- Fluff with fork
- Leave on "keep warm" setting until ready to serve
- obviously you can also make this on the stove per package directions
- Water/butter can sit in slow cooker until ready to make stuffing
- recipe can be doubled or tripled - just be sure to use a larger slow cooker
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!