You know that one side dish that everyone tries to eat before it’s gone? This Slow Cooker Cheesy Corn Casserole will be that dish for you if you make it this holiday season!
Most everyone loves a traditional Cream Cheese Corn side dish. Why not kick it up a notch and add some flare to your next meal? This Slow Cooker Cheesy Corn Casserole with it’s added peppers and cheeses is not your ordinary side.
Slow Cooker Cheesy Corn Casserole is easy to make and doesn’t require any precooking. Just a few ingredients and a few steps, then it’s ready to cook in your slow cooker.
Save valuable oven space while cooking large holiday meals! Slow Cooker Cheesy Corn Casserole cooks well in casserole slow cookers.
Ingredients You’ll Need To Make Slow Cooker Cheesy Corn Casserole…
- frozen sweet corn
- mini sweet peppers*
- jalapeno pepper
- panko breadcrumbs
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- heavy cream
- pepper jack cheese
- marble jack cheese
- parmesan cheese
*use any color or color combination of peppers*
How To Make Slow Cooker Cheesy Corn Casserole:
- add corn to a slow cooker*
- remove ribs and seeds from peppers and dice
- add peppers to corn in slow cooker and then add bread crumbs, flour, sugar, and seasonings, toss to coat evenly
- whisk together eggs and cream, pour over corn mixture
- stir in pepper jack and marble jack cheeses
- top with parmesan cheese
- cover and cook on high 2-3 hours or low 4-6 hours
- if using an oven-safe casserole crock, transfer to oven (450 degrees) for 5 minutes at the end of cook time to brown the cheese
*Casserole slow cookers work well for this recipe*
Slow Cooker Corn Casserole can also be baked in the oven. Just put it in at 350 degrees F until it sets.
If you’re serving someone with food sensitivities, make Slow Cooker Corn Casserole gluten-free by substituting gluten-free panko breadcrumbs and gluten-free flour for the regular varieties.
This casserole can be meal prepped. Prepare your Slow Cooker Corn Casserole up to 1 day in advance and cook on the day of to save even more time!
Use a high quality frozen corn for best results. (I find some store brands can be tough and chewy)
Make it a holiday meal with Slow Cooker Turkey Breast, Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes, Slow Cooker Stuffing.
Needing some help with Thanksgiving dinner? Be sure to check out my guide.
Slow Cooker Cheesy Corn Casserole
You know that one side dish that everyone tries to eat before it's gone? This Slow Cooker Cheesy Corn Casserole will be that dish for you if you make it this holiday season!Save
- 32 oz frozen sweet corn
- 4 mini sweet peppers, any color
- 1 jalapeno pepper, optional
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 oz pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 4 oz marble jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Add corn to slow cooker (a casserole style slow cooker works best for this recipe)
- Remove ribs and seeds from peppers and dice
- Add peppers to corn in slow cooker and then add breadcrumbs, flour, sugar and seasonings and toss to coat evenly
- Whisk together eggs and cream and pour over corn mixture
- Stir in Pepper Jack and Marble Jack Cheeses
- Top with Parmesan Cheese
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-6
- If using an oven safe casserole slow cooker, you can transfer to oven (450 degrees) for 5 minutes or so at end of cooking time to brown up the cheese on the top
- Works well with a casserole slow cooker
- Make gluten-free by using gluten-free flour and panko breadcrumbs
- Bake in 350F until set if you don't have a slow cooker
Calories: 350kcalCarbohydrates: 26gProtein: 11gFat: 24gSaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 411mgPotassium: 257mgFiber: 2gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 1329IUVitamin C: 18mgCalcium: 218mgIron: 1mgImportant nutritional disclaimer