It may not beat out my other pulled pork recipe in a competition, but this Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork is a great option for a sweet and saucy BBQ meal!
For all of you lovers of BBQ I’ve got a recipe for you! Simple but rich and flavorful and most importantly easy and versatile. Perfect for a family dinner that you know your kids will devour and equally as perfect for taking along to a pot luck, this Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork is quick and easy and comes out perfectly every time.
What temperature to cook pulled pork?
- pulled pork, whether made in the oven, on the grill, or in the slow cooker, is best cooked on a low and slow temperature
- somewhere in the range of 190 to 250 degrees F depending on the method used
- another important temperature to note is the internal temp of the pork shoulder
- to shred easily pork should reach an internal temperature of 205 degrees F
What can you make with pulled pork?
So many things!!
There are so many possibilities!
Do you let pork rest before pulling?
yes! It’s really best to let it rest for 15-20 minutes to let the juices redistribute before cutting or pulling the meat. You can cover loosely with butcher paper or foil.
Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork
- Rub pork shoulder with seasoning and place in slow cooker
- Mix together bbq sauce, vinegar and broth and add to slow cooker
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5 until pork reaches internal temperature of 205 degrees
- Remove pork and shred
- Add about 1/4 - 1/2 cup of the juices back to pork and discard the rest
- Add additional BBQ sauce if desired
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!