Um, yes, it truly is every bit as amazing as it sounds. Two of the world’s best foods mashed together into one truly amazing dinner. My famous slow cooker pulled pork is for more than just sandwiches. Make up a big batch, freeze and save for later. Then you can easily make homemade mac & cheese. Any time and even on a weeknight. Your family/friends/kids will love you for this one.
To me, one of the easiest things in the world to make is a big huge batch of pulled pork. A perfect cook all day meal and then to make it even easier I just cut it into chunks and toss it in my mixer to let it do the shredding work for me. I love a meal that practically cooks itself. Use the pork for sandwiches, tacos, nachos, enchiladas, and, well, you get the point. It’s totally worth your time.
Then, when you need a quick dinner, just boil up a few macaroni noodles…
Make up my homemade cheese sauce (seriously, it takes less than 10 minutes)….
Top with some breadcrumb and pop it in the oven. Dinner is seriously this easy and homemade. Such a huge win all the way around!
- 2 cups leftover pulled pork
- 8 oz elbow pasta
- 2 cups shredded cheese I used cheddar blend
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce I used sweet onion flavor
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook Pasta according to package directions and drain
- Toss with pulled pork
- In saucepan over medium high heat, melt butter
- Whisk in flour until smooth
- Whisk in milk and let simmer until thickened enough to stick to spoon
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted and smooth
- Add to noodles and pasta and toss until smooth
- Add to 2 quart casserole dish and top with breadcrumbs
- Melt butter and drizzle over top
- Place in oven for 20 minutes or so until top is lightly browned
- Remove and drizzle with bbq sauce before serving
Make sure you use the Best Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe!!
Tools used to make this recipe:
Slow Cooker Gourmet is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Free Guide to Slow Cooking!
Sign up for our newsletters and get an instant download of our Welcome and Getting Started Guide to Slow Cooking!