Mac and Cheese is amazing on it’s own, but when you add your favorite beer you end up with a grown-up comfort food you’ll want to make again and again. Even better? Slow Cooker Beer Mac & Cheese!
Attention grown-ups!! You never have to eat mac and cheese from a box again! Why? Because using your slow cooker to make delicious homemade mac and cheese, and more specifically Slow Cooker Beer Mac & Cheese, is so easy that once you try it you will never go back! Plus, what packaged mac and cheese that you know of comes with beer? Beer mac and cheese. A real thing. A real good thing.
Did I mention how simple this is to make? Just 5 ingredients into the slow cooker will get you started! Some nice lean stew meat makes this a delicious beefy meal that will be plenty filling even for hearty appetites! A simple seasoning blend makes for an all in one option that makes prep even that much quicker. Could this recipe possibly get any better??
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup stout beer
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire pub burger seasoning
- 14.5 oz can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 8 oz pasta noodles for later (see note)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup stout beer
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Add all pasta ingredients except for noodles to slow cooker
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 until meat is cooked through
- Stir in pasta noodles and return slow cooker to high for 15-45 minutes (see note) until liquid is absorbed and noodles are al dente (add more liquid 1/4 cup at a time if needed)
- In the meantime, melt butter in saucepan over medium high heat
- Whisk in flour until smooth
- Slowly whisk in beer (keep whisking so you don't get lumps) and let simmer for 2-3 minutes
- Slowly stir in milk while continuing to whisk and then let simmer while whisking occasionally until thickened (about 4-6 minutes)
- Stir in cheese and remove from heat
- Add salt and pepper to taste if desired
- Stir cheese sauce into finished pasta and serve
Note about pasta: use an elbow noodle for best results. I recommend the Barilla Pronto! noodles for the best result in the slow cooker.
Cooking notes: I cooked this on low for 7 hours then on high for 25 minutes with the pasta noodles
Mac & Cheese in the Slow Cooker is amazing! Try out these other delicious recipes too!!
Can’t figure out what to make for dinner every night? Let us help!!