Stuffed Pork Chops are always a treat! Shake up your standard recipe with these Slow Cooker Apple Stuffed Pork Chops. This will quickly be your go-to dinner on busy nights or weekends, so simple and easy not to mention delicious too!When you think about a typical week night dinner for many families, its probably a safe bet many of us think about pork chops! I mean, they are pretty simple and most people like them. They are also easy and quick to make. I love creating pork chop recipes because they make my kids happy! The only downside is that sometimes they can get a little boring if made them the same way every time. Regardless of how your chops are cooked (pan fried, baked or grilled) it is always good to mix things up! What if I told you that making stuffed pork chops wasn't much more work and, with your slow cooker, it would actually be really easy to get these chops on the table even on a weeknight? You are going to love these Slow Cooker Apple Stuffed Pork Chops!
One of the many things that makes this recipe so attractive is it only uses 6 ingredients plus salt and pepper. Many of these ingredients you probably already have as a staple in your pantry.
It is possible to have a great dinner and not have to purchase a crazy amount of ingredients, or a ton of prep work. Simply dice up some apple and onion and combine with crumbled gorgonzola cheese. You are already half way there!
Follow these simple and easy tips for delicious Slow Cooker Apple Stuffed Pork Chops:
- The key to stuffing pork chops is to make sure you get thick ones! Many people are nervous about using thick pork chops because of not being able to cook them evenly, but your slow cooker makes that cooking process so much easier!
- You will simply use a very sharp knife to cut a 'pocket' into each side of the chop, making it as big as you can without cutting all the way through.
- No need for fancy kitchen gadgets just use your fingers to really push the stuffing in, you will be surprised how much you can fit.
- Lastly, use a toothpick to secure them shut, just don't forget to remove before serving!
Season the outside with a little salt, pepper and dried thyme and sauté in a little butter, searing on each side for a couple of minutes until browned. Transfer these beautiful pork chops to your slow cooker and let them slow cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours until an internal temperature of 165 degrees is reached.
There is something very fulfilling about sitting down at the end of the day to a delicious and healthy dinner your whole crew will love! These stuffed pork chops are sure to be family favorite!
Pork chops can be so versatile and it is really fun to mix it up! If you liked these Stuffed Pork Chops, check out some of my other tasty recipes!
- Slow Cooker Honey Mustard Pork Chops
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Peach Salsa
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Creamy Herb Sauce
Slow Cooker Apple Stuffed Pork Chops
- 3 pounds boneless thick cut center pork chops
- 1 cup peeled and diced apple (about 1 large apple or I used ½ granny smith and ½ honey crisp)
- ½ cup gorgonzola (or any type of blue cheese)
- ¼ cup diced sweet yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Using a sharp knife carefully cut a pocket into the side of each chop without cutting all the way through
- Mix together chopped apple, onion and gorgonzola cheese
- Stuff each pork chop as full as you can get it with the stuffing mixture and secure it closed using a toothpick
- Season the outside of the chops with salt, thyme and pepper
- Heat butter in skillet or multi-cooker until melted, and then sear the pork chops on each side for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned
- Transfer to slow cooker, cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours until pork is cooked through (165 degree internal temp)
- Remove toothpicks before serving