I may have just booked our summer vacation but I have to be careful not to get ahead of myself. While my heart is ready for tank tops and flip flops, my head (and freezing fingers and toes) tell me that winter is still here. At least the upside is that we can still comfort ourselves with warm bowls of steaming soup! This Slow Cooker Spicy Chicken Chicken Stew makes it worth scraping a few more frosty windows.
This is a super simple to make stew but is also something different from the norm. Plus, the super spiciness will keep you extra warm!
Make sure to toast up some of your favorite french bread or crusty bread to serve with it. I mean, what’s the point of soup if you don’t get to eat bread?!
A couple of things to note before I leave you to the recipe… use chicken thighs for the best flavor and two different kinds of beans to add some different textures. Control the spice by the amount of hot sauce and you will have a soup suited to your families tastes!
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons jarred minced garlic
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 15 oz can white navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4
- Serve with toasted bread or as desired
TIP: This is a great recipe to make ahead of time! Add all ingredients except chicken broth to a freezer bag. You can store it in the fridge for 2 day or in your freezer for 2-3 months. Thaw before adding to slow cooker along with chicken broth and cook as normal!
Free Guide to Slow Cooking!
Sign up for our newsletters and get an instant download of our Welcome and Getting Started Guide to Slow Cooking!