If you need an easy slow cooker meatloaf recipe, I have the perfect one for you! It’s delicious and satisfies your craving for comfort food when paired with creamy slow cooker mashed potatoes.
I think it’s time to change our perception of meatloaf! I mean I get it. The name alone can make some of us cringe. We try to be cooler than meatloaf. But don’t you think, overall, it was one of those staple dinners for most our families growing up? The kind of meal that we all gathered around the table for after a long day? Whether or not you loved the food hopefully you at least have some warm and lovely memories of the meal (you can block out the part where you were arguing with your siblings ;). Let’s bring that back for the next generation! But first, let’s make a few easy tweaks and updates to the recipe, if that’s okay? Time to put meatloaf back on the table, made even more delicious with this slow cooker meatloaf and buttermilk mashed potatoes recipe.
What makes this slow cooker meatloaf different?
- It’s packed with extra veggies chopped finely so that you can pack in extra nutrition!
- The dripping makes the most delicious gravy you’ve ever had!
- The potatoes are cooked right in the same pot to make this the easiest dinner ever!
(Hint for the day: want to take the chore out of chopping the veggies? Grab a mini-chopper! Mine gets used daily!!)
Let’s talk about the slow cooker mashed potatoes…
- These slow cooker mashed potatoes are easy for a weeknight meal since they cook all day.
- Made with buttermilk and cream these slow cooker mashed potatoes will be your new go-to recipe for creamy comfort food.
- Got kids? They LOVE mashed potatoes and will ask for these over and over again!
Our favorite vegetable to serve with this slow cooker meatloaf are these crispy garlic onion green beans. Do yourself a favor and serve this easy dinner up today and while you are at it, I hope you make some memories with the people you love!
If you need an easy slow cooker meatloaf recipe, I have the perfect one for you! It's delicious and satisfies your craving for comfort food when paired with creamy slow cooker mashed potatoes.
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 oz baby carrots finely diced
- 3 oz zucchini squash finely diced
- 1 ounce diced shallots
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon all purpose seasoning
- 1 1/2 pounds Dutch baby potatoes
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (more if needed)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (more if needed)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups beef broth
- Mix panko bread crumbs and milk in small bowl and let soak for 5 minutes
- Add to pork and beef in a large bowl
Add egg, diced veggies, shallot and seasoning
Mix gently using hands until well mixed but do not over mix
Form into a loaf shape
Place baby potatoes in bottom of slow cooker
Add meatloaf to slow cooker on rack above potatoes OR use roll foil into strips to make your own rack
Add broth to cover potatoes and add lid and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8
Remove potatoes to large bowl (rinse if needed to remove bits of meat)
Add cream, buttermilk, butter and blend using a hand masher or electric mixer
- Add more cream or milk if needed and salt and pepper to taste
Slice meatloaf into 1 to 1 1/2 inch thick slices
Transfer pan dripping to saucepan and add a cornstarch slurry of 1/4 cup cornstarch whisked with 1/4 cup water until smooth
Bring to a simmer until thickened and serve over meatloaf and potatoes
You will need a 5 quart or larger slow cooker for this recipe.
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!