You can't go wrong with the ultimate comforting home-cooked meal! Slow Cooker Chicken and Noodles is a true family pleasing meal and doesn't use any canned cream soup and is made all in the slow cooker, no extra steps required!
I love quick and easy meals that require nothing more than my slow cooker to make, and I especially love when it's a meal my family goes nuts for too!
For anyone that struggles to get food on the table that every person in your family will eat and enjoy, you know all to well the pain of most dinners where someone is complaining. But, you also know the joy of when everyone is happy and requests seconds! With a meal like this slow cooker chicken and noodles, everyone wins! It's easy to make and delicious to devour!
This recipe utilizes six simple ingredients like fresh chicken breasts, broth, frozen egg noodles, seasoning and cream. Everything is done in your slow cooker so no extra mess or clean up required.
If you can't find frozen homestyle egg noodles like these, you should be able to substitute dried noodles instead. Cooking time for dried noodles in the slow cooker is 30-45 minutes. Adjust liquid as needed.
How do you make chicken and noodles in a slow cooker?
- utilize your slow cooker to make easy work of cooking some chicken breasts all day in broth
- use my favorite herb and garlic seasoning blend so that you have minimal things to add
- Add frozen egg noodles at the end along with some cream and let cook through
While it is a two step process, it's still so easy and simple and mostly hands-off.
Can you cook Reames noodles in the slow cooker?
Yes! It will take a little longer than boiling on the stove, but give that you can add them and walk away, it's totally worth the little bit of extra time it takes. I find if my slow cooker is on high, it takes around 30-40 minutes for them to be cooked.
Can I add the chicken frozen to the slow cooker?
For best food safely practices, I recommend using only fresh or fully thawed chicken in the slow cooker. Because of the low temps, frozen chicken may remain in the danger zone for bacteria too long to be safe.
Additional Cooking Tips:
- I prefer using my casserole slow cooker for this recipe, but any 4 quart or larger slow cooker will work
- shred the chicken before adding the cream and noodles
- stir a few times while the noodles are cooking to keep them from sticking together
- refrigerate any leftovers for up to 3 days
Slow Cooker Chicken and Noodles
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon herb and garlic seasoning
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 16 oz frozen egg noodles
- ½ cup heavy cream
- salt to taste
- Add chicken, broth and seasoning to slow cooker
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8
- Remove chicken and shred and return to slow cooker
- Turn slow cooker to high
- Whisk cornstarch with equal amount of water until smooth and stir into slow cooker along with noodles and cream
- Cover and continue cooking on high for 30-40 minutes until noodles are cooked and tender
- Use a 4 quart or larger slow cooker for this recipe to ensure you have enough room to stir noodles
- If using dried instead of frozen noodles, monitor for any additional liquid needed to soften noodles and stir often
- If preferred you can chop chicken into bite sized pieces before cooking instead of shredding after