You can’t go wrong with the ultimate comforting home-cooked meal! Slow Cooker Chicken and Noodles is a true family pleasing meal and doesn’t use any canned cream soup!
I love quick and easy meals that require nothing more than my slow cooker to make, and I especially love when it’s a meal my family goes nuts for too! For anyone that struggles to get food on the table that every person in your family will eat and enjoy, you know all to well the pain of most dinners where someone is complaining. But, you also know the joy of when everyone is happy and requests seconds! With a meal like this slow cooker chicken and noodles, everyone wins! It’s easy to make and delicious to devour!
How do you make chicken and noodles in a slow cooker?
- utilize your slow cooker to make easy work of cooking some chicken breasts all day in broth
- use my favorite herb and garlic seasoning blend so that you have minimal things to add
- Add frozen egg noodles at the end along with some cream and let cook through
While it is a two step process, it’s still so easy and simple and mostly hands-off.
Can you cook Reames noodles in the slow cooker?
Yes! It will take a little longer than boiling on the stove, but give that you can add them and walk away, it’s totally worth the little bit of extra time it takes. I find if my slow cooker is on high, it takes around 30-40 minutes for them to be cooked.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Noodles
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon herb and garlic seasoning
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 16 oz frozen egg noodles
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- salt to taste
- Add chicken, broth and seasoning to slow cooker
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8
- Remove chicken and shred and return to slow cooker
- Turn slow cooker to high
- Whisk cornstarch with equal amount of water until smooth and stir into slow cooker along with noodles and cream
- Cover and continue cooking on high for 30-40 minutes until noodles are cooked and tender
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!