Looking for a delicious treat to use all those farmer's market fresh peaches? Slow Cooker Peach Cobbler with Fresh Peaches and the most delicious Yogurt Whipped Cream is the perfect summer dessert!
Don't you love this time of year? The farmer's markets are open and the fresh produce is rolling in. Weekends are filled with warm weather and leisure time without the craziness of the school year and time is already flying by! We need to make the most of it while the peaches are still fresh and juicy and we can get all of the local produce during a morning stroll downtown for fresh coffee. And what better way to enjoy than with a dessert that is perfect not only for your latest BBQ but even for that morning coffee brunch. Let's be honest, since it has fruit, I'd even consider this an amazing breakfast! Especially with the Yogurt Whipped Cream Topping. Any way you slice it, it's the perfect summer treat.
No matter where we go, I love eating at local restaurants, trying local recipes and in general supporting local businesses (and farmers!). It may not be practical to know where every single thing you buy at the grocery store comes from, but I strive to do the best I can to know more about what I'm buying so that I can feel good about the businesses I'm supporting and at the same time feel good about what I'm feeding my family.
I posted a few weeks ago about my visit to AE Dairy in Des Moines and I was so excited when their Whole Milk Yogurt became available at my local grocery store. You can read the whole post here but to sum it up it was a great experience to see first hand a group of people, and at the core a family, who are dedicated to bringing quality products to the homes of families just like theirs. The whole milk yogurt is no exception and an answer to what people are looking for in terms of quality products with wholesome ingredients. My daughter loves this yogurt and so it was fun to use it in my version of a whipped cream that goes perfectly with the cobbler.
This yogurt whipped cream is made with the AE Sweet Cream Whole Milk Yogurt and has just the right amount of tang to complement the sweet fresh peach cobbler. I love the way the texture turned out with the addition of the yogurt so much, I just might make all my whipped creams this way. Time to enjoy summer!
Slow Cooker Peach Cobbler with Fresh Peaches and Yogurt Whipped Cream
- 8-10 fresh peaches ripe but not too soft
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter, cold
For yogurt whipped cream:
- 8 oz AE Dairy Heavy Cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5.3 oz AE Dairy Sweet Cream Whole Milk Yogurt
- Peel and dice peaches into bite sized pieces
- Mix with remaining filling ingedients
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and add peach filling (I used a 2.5 quart mini casserole slow cooker but any 3-5 quart slow cooker will work)
- In a large bowl stir together all topping ingredients except butter until combined
- Cut cold butter into tiny pieces and then use a large fork to cut the butter into the topping mixture until crumbly
- Add the topping to the filling in the slow cooker and cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours until bubbling and oats in the topping are tender
For yogurt whipped cream:
- In a large bowl using hand mixer or in a stand mixer beat heavy cream with sugar and vanilla for 3-4 minutes or until cream forms stiff peaks that hold when removing beater
- Add yogurt and beat again until just combined
- Serve warm cobbler with fresh yogurt whipped cream
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of AE Dairy. The opinions and text are all mine.