I want to make this crock pot apple crumble with pears again for two reasons. One, because it’s awesome! And two, I’d like to get a better photo of it for you all. I made the mistake of scooping it right out and adding the whipped cream on top and snapping the photo. I guess I should have been a little less excited and let it cool just a bit. The whipped cream ended up melting all over. But just let me tell you, this did not ruin the taste. Not at all! Rich and creamy and sweet and just really yummy. And it’s made with apples and fruit so it’s healthy right?
Just make sure you get a little set of hands to help you mix up topping like I did. It makes it so much more fun. And the little ones also make great test tasters. This one has the little diva’s stamp of approval in case you were wondering.
I just love being able to make a delicious, warm, gooey dessert without ever having to turn on the oven. The bonus here is that you can finally use up the last of those apples from your family orchard adventure!
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds apples peeled and sliced
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds pears peeled and sliced
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup almond meal or flour is totally fine too! I was just on a cutting carbs kick. Never mind all the sugar right?
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 stick of butter softened
- Grease the crock of a 3 to 5 quart slow cooker
- Peel and slice apples and pears and add them to the crock
- Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk over them and mix with a spoon
- In a large mixing bowl combine remaining ingredients and mix until crumbly with a fork
- Sprinkle over the top of the apple mixture
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6
I didn't peel the apples and pears. It was still very yummy and it looked pretty but a few of them were a little chewy. I will totally peel them next time.
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!