Whenever we are crazy enough to ask our little purple princess what she wants for dinner we must prepare ourselves for the inevitable answer of "Chicken and SpongeBob". Okay, okay. I know she's really saying french fries but it seriously sounds like SpongeBob so I think that's just what we will be calling our fries for the next 100 years. Well, me being me and all and not wanting to go out to eat and spend $6 on a kiddie meal (that's not really healthy anyway) I'm always trying to devise ways of making meals she will eat at home. After more fails than wins I must say we finally have a home run! Chicken tenders (no breading, no frying!!!) in the slow cooker. Not only is the princess pleased but we are all loving dinner!
This dinner scores big points in the "easy" category. Only a few ingredients and minimal prep work an you are done. Don't tell me you don't love that!
Juicy, flavorful and perfect for dipping! Use more BBQ sauce or ranch or honey mustard, whatever you like. Or nothing since these stand on their own just as well. I was actually planning my lunch the next day while eating dinner. I was thinking a big old salad topped off with a few of these! But, I guess no such luck as we didn't end up having ANY leftovers!
Admission, I did not, in fact, make french fries to go with this. We had a side of rice instead. But it was just as yummy 🙂
Slow Cooker Pineapple BBQ Chicken Tenders
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch ground black pepper
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce (I used Pineapple BBQ sauce)
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- Sprinkle each tenderloin with salt, garlic powder and pepper
- Place in crock along with pineapple chunks
- Whisk together BBQ sauce and juice and pour over chicken
- Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours or high for 3-4 until chicken is fully cooked