Just think about how impressed everyone will be when you say that you make your own BBQ sauce! It’s really pretty simple and perfectly suited to be made in the slow cooker. All the spices and tomatoes and sugars simmer all day to create the most amazing thick and rich sauce that gets even better after it cools in the fridge. And how amazing is it that you can customize it to your own taste… like this peach and jalapeno that I happen to love.
This one has lots of tomato”y” flavor and plenty of sweetness from molasses and peach preserves. Of course you can adjust any of the ingredients including the vinegar to suit your personal taste. Or even mix up the fruits and make a whole line of BBQ sauces for your friends to try! Just think how good this will be slathered on some ribs or poured on your favorite sandwich!
- 2 (8oz) can tomato sauce
- ½ cup peach preserves
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 - 4 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- Whisk all ingredients in small (1.5 or 2 quart) slow cooker
- Let simmer on low for up to 6 hours or high for up to 3 hours
- Carefully taste a sample and if desired add more molasses, vinegar or peach preserves to taste depending on how sweet you prefer your sauce
- Let cool slightly and use an immersion blender to blend onion, garlic and jalapeno smooth into sauce (or carefully transfer to a blender)
- Let cool completely and transfer to airtight container
- Store in fridge for up to 3 days
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!