Make fluffy perfect sweet potatoes in your pressure cooker every time! These Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes are easy, quick and the perfect healthy side dish.
I’m always looking for an easier way to get side dishes on the table, and the slow cooker and the pressure cooker can sure help with that! Whether you want to throw some potatoes in you slow cooker before you head out the door in the morning or you need something quick at the end of the day, I’m working on all kinds of options for you to complete your meal with a tasty nutritious side. These Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes only take a few minutes and you can finish them with a topping of your choice.
How do you cook sweet potatoes in the Instant Pot?
- wash, scrub and poke holes as normal
- use a steamer basket (note I made these in my 3 qt mini Instant Pot)
- add water in bottom
- seal and cook on high pressure
Since there’s only a cup of water (unlike when you are making soup or something else) the Instant Pot will come to pressure more quickly so it works well for a side dish like this. If making sweet potatoes in the oven it would take much longer.
How long do you cook sweet potatoes in the Instant Pot?
It will depend entirely on the size of your sweet potatoes. My potatoes varied from 4-6 oz each (small, but perfect for one serving) and 12 minutes was just right. I would go up to 15 minutes for a 8-10oz potato. For larger potatoes I will include those in a different recipe/post because we would be using those for a different purpose.
Serving ideas for Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes:
- topped with butter and Pink Himalayan salt (my favorite)
- butter and brown sugar
- shredded cheese
- leftover cooked veggies
Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes
- 4 sweet potatoes about 4-6 oz each
- 1 cup water
- Wash and scrub sweet potatoes
- Add water to bottom of pressure cooker
- Add trivet and add potatoes on top
- Cover, seal and set to high pressure for 12 minutes
- Perform quick release when done according to manufacturer instructions
- Let potatoes cool for a few minutes before removing
- Serve topped with butter and salt or brown sugar or as desired