Anybody else feel a little better about what they are eating when they wrap it in lettuce? Hamburger in a lettuce wrap... must be healthy, right? So let's take another one of our favorites, buffalo chicken, and wrap it in lettuce too! Then we can eat it all day and never feel a bit bad about it, right?! I'd say it certainly has to be better than deep fried wings smothered in massive amounts of sauce, no? Let's go with it and create these wraps that are perfect for lunch, dinner or an appetizer while watching the basketball tournament.
A simple 4 ingredient sauce gets drizzled all over some boneless chicken breasts. Think chicken breasts are boring and been searching for new ways to use them? This is easily your answer.
Once the chicken is done cooking, we pull it out to shred it and then can do the optional step of thickening the remaining sauce by simmering it with a little cornstarch.
Put all that shredded chicken back in to finish soaking up all the sauce. I believe the word you are looking for is YUM!
All that's left is to whisk up a little of my homemade blue cheese drizzle and wash up some crisp cool lettuce lettuce leaves.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Place chicken in slow cooker
- Whisk together buffalo sauce, bbq sauce, apricot preserves and honey and pour over chicken
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8
- Remove chicken to bowl and shred
- Optional: Whisk together ¼ cup cornstarch with ¼ cup water and stir into sauce from slow cooker. Bring to a simmer for about 5 minutes in a saucepan over medium high heat or in multi-cooker until thickened
- Return chicken to sauce in slow cooker and let soak up sauce for 5-10 minutes
- Whisk together yogurt, blue cheese, milk, lemon juice and salt and pepper, add additional milk as needed to get to desired consistency
- Serve chicken on washed lettuce leaves topped with blue cheese sauce
Love buffalo chicken? How about trying....