Anybody else feel a little better about what they are eating when they wrap it in lettuce? Hamburger in a lettuce wrap… must be healthy, right? So let's take another one of our favorites, buffalo chicken, and wrap it in lettuce too!
Why should I make Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps?
Chicken breasts can get boring. We're all looking for new ways to eat them. Spicing them up and making lettuce wraps is your answer! My Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps use a simple 4- ingredient sauce and some crisp lettuce to create a fun and healthy meal your family will love.
What brand of sauce should I use? When cooking, you should always use high-quality sauces and seasoning blends. When choosing Buffalo Wing and BBQ sauces for your Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps, you can experiment with flavors to find the combination you like best. My family prefers Sweet Baby Ray's Buffalo Wing Sauce and BBQ Sauce.
Can I substitute chicken thighs for breasts? Yes you can. But, beware! Your meat mixture will be a bit more "liquidy" due to the thigh's higher fat content. You'll want to add the additional step of thickening your sauce when making Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps. *See recipe card*
What type of lettuce should I use? When making lettuce wraps, you want to choose a lettuce that is sturdy and has wide leaves. (You don't want leaks!) Bibb or butter lettuce is crisp variety that works perfectly for Buffalo Chicken Wraps. Iceburg lettuce will also do the trick, though it lacks a bit in the presentation department.
How do I thicken my sauce? Is your sauce too thin? You can thicken it by whisking cornstarch with ¼ cup water and then stirring the mixture into the sauce from slow cooker. Bring it to a simmer for about 5 minutes in a saucepan over medium-high heat until it is thickened. You could also simmer it in a multi-cooker.
How do I serve Buffalo Chicken Wraps? I like to serve my Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps with a side of steamed rice. If you have an Instant Pot, why not make up some of my Instant Pot Fried Rice to serve with your Lettuce Wraps?
Are you becoming a fan of Buffalo flavors? Then don't stop with Lettuce Wraps... Give some of my other Buffalo recipes a try!
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Place chicken in slow cooker
- Whisk together buffalo sauce, bbq sauce, apricot preserves and honey and pour over chicken
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8
- Remove chicken to bowl and shred
- Optional: Whisk together ¼ cup cornstarch with ¼ cup water and stir into sauce from slow cooker. Bring to a simmer for about 5 minutes in a saucepan over medium high heat or in multi-cooker until thickened
- Return chicken to sauce in slow cooker and let soak up sauce for 5-10 minutes
- Whisk together yogurt, blue cheese, milk, lemon juice and salt and pepper, add additional milk as needed to get to desired consistency
- Serve chicken on washed lettuce leaves topped with blue cheese sauce