Because I know how much you guys LOVE buffalo chicken and I know you all like an easy to make dinner so I’ve got a new one that just happens to fill both criteria for you today! How does a super quick to make buffalo chicken mixture that doesn’t involve pulled rotisserie chicken off the bones sound? We just whip it up, layer everything as high as a quesadilla can stay and throw it all in a hot pan to sizzle up for a quick and super delicious dinner.
I’ve gotta say, as much as I love a delicious and fluffy tortilla, quesadillas have never really been my thing unless they are like a weird crazy flavor combo. I’m not sure how crazy this is but it certainly isn’t traditional and totally qualifies as my now go-to for this kind of meal.
A delicious blend of all your favorite Mexican style cheeses is pretty much required. Lucky for me, they come already pre-shredded in a bag. Okay, I know I always say I prefer to shred cheeses myself but am totally willing to admit when I need a quick dinner those little packets quickly become my best friend.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1 tablespoon homemade ranch seasoning blend
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 8 ounces Mexican cheese blend (about 2 cups)
- 8 small taco sized or 4 large (burrito sized) flour tortillas
- Ranch dressing and additional buffalo wing sauce for dipping optional
- In skillet over medium high heat melt 1 tablespoon of butter
- Add ground chicken and brown until fully cooked
- Drain excess grease/liquid if any
Add buffalo wing sauce (start with 1/2 cup and add more to taste if necessary) and ranch seasoning
- Stir until well combined and heated through
- Remove from heat and set aside for assembly
- Take one tortilla and layer on 1/4 of each of the cheeses and meat mixture, making sure to split the cheese on both sides of the meat to help the tortillas stay together
- Using a clean skillet heat it over medium high heat and rub lightly with some of the remaining butter (use a knife or chopstick to protect your fingers)
- Place assembled tortilla in skillet and cover with another tortilla (or fold in half if using burrito size)
- Cook for about 1-3 minutes on each side until lightly golden brown
- Let cool slightly and slice as desired