Because I know how much you guys LOVE buffalo chicken and I know you all like an easy to make dinner so I’ve got a new one that just happens to fill both criteria for you today! How does a super quick to make buffalo chicken mixture that doesn’t involve pulled rotisserie chicken off the bones sound? We just whip it up, layer everything as high as a quesadilla can stay and throw it all in a hot pan to sizzle up for a quick and super delicious dinner.
I’ve gotta say, as much as I love a delicious and fluffy tortilla, quesadillas have never really been my thing unless they are like a weird crazy flavor combo. I’m not sure how crazy this is but it certainly isn’t traditional and totally qualifies as my now go-to for this kind of meal.
A delicious blend of all your favorite Mexican style cheeses is pretty much required. Lucky for me, they come already pre-shredded in a bag. Okay, I know I always say I prefer to shred cheeses myself but am totally willing to admit when I need a quick dinner those little packets quickly become my best friend.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon butter + 1 tablespoon butter for later
- ¼ - ½ cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1 tablespoon homemade ranch seasoning blend
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 cups (8oz) Mexican cheese blend
- 8 small (taco sized) or 4 large (burrito sized) flour tortillas
- Ranch dressing and additional buffalo wing sauce for dipping (optional)
- In skillet over medium high heat melt 1 tablespoon of butter
- Add ground chicken and brown until fully cooked
- Drain excess grease/liquid if any
- Add buffalo wing sauce (start with ¼ cup and add more to taste if necessary) and ranch seasoning
- Stir until well combined and heated through
- Remove from heat and set aside for assembly
- Take one tortilla and layer on ¼ of each of the cheeses and meat mixture, making sure to split the cheese on both sides of the meat to help the tortillas stay together
- Using a clean skillet heat it over medium high heat and rub lightly with some of the remaining butter (use a knife or chopstick to protect your fingers)
- Place assembled tortilla in skillet and cover with another tortilla (or fold in half if using burrito size)
- Cook for about 1-3 minutes on each side until lightly golden brown
- Let cool slightly and slice as desired
Free Guide to Slow Cooking!
Sign up for our newsletters and get an instant download of our Welcome and Getting Started Guide to Slow Cooking!