Absolutely as amazing as it sounds. And because sometimes the grown-ups really need a treat all to themselves. So simple but isn't that what summer treats should be all about? Yes, I know it's still spring but I just booked our family vacation and school is out in 4 weeks. Plus strawberries are coming into season so in my world it all counts towards making summer recipes. And desserts involving fruit are perfect for spring and summer days.
Perfect for the inevitable post-BBQ sweet tooth you barely even have to feel guilty about indulging here since really it's mostly fruit anyway. Put out a variety of fruits and everyone can pick their favorite.
And really what's more perfect than a dessert that you can throw in the slow cooker while you enjoy dinner. No fuss!
Really I would imagine that you could customize this with any preferred liqueur flavor but Chambord happens to be my current obsession. The raspberry flavor goes perfectly with the chocolate.
Make sure you use a good quality chocolate that you love as well because it will make all the difference!
Slow Cooker Chambord Chocolate Dip
- 12 oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate bar, be sure to use good quality)
- 2 tablespoons Chambord liqueur
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- assorted seasonal fruit for dipping
- Place chocolate chips, Chambord and cream in mini-crock or small slow cooker
- Let heat through until melted, about 1-2 hours (be sure to stir occasionally)
- Serve warm with fruit for dipping